The World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) programme is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get professional experience at the entry-level and firsthand exposure to the challenges – and benefits – of international development.
Are you a recent college grad? Do you have a strong desire to serve people and a strong commitment to doing so? Do you want to gain two years of good entry-level job experience in a multicultural setting? If so, the World Bank’s JPA programme could be of interest to you.
Working with more senior colleagues and project teams in their work in operations and corporate activities, you’ll employ your strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, your understanding of technology, and your research talents in your JPA assignment. You’ll get the chance to sharpen your talents and learn new ones while getting firsthand experience with the difficulties of poverty reduction and shared prosperity. Your JPA experience might lead to a job in government, consultancy, the business sector, academia, or other development organisations.
Level/Field of Study
This opportunity is meant for graduates to gain entry-level professional experience and first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development.
Eligibility for the World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) programme
The following are the prerequisites for participation:
- You must have the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree and be able to communicate effectively in English.
- On your first day of duty, you should be 28 years old or younger.
- Being able to communicate in one or more of the following financial languages is advantageous: Arabic, French, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
The World Bank’s recruitment policy is to hire the highest calibre of candidates from as wide a geographical area with a preference for nationals of World Bank member countries or countries of operations. If the country of your nationality is not a member country of the World Bank, you are not eligible.
How to Apply for the World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) programme 2024
It’s worth noting that if you’re applying for the World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) programme, you should apply online and keep the following in mind:
- Include your first and last name, as well as your email address.
- After reading the World Bank Group Policy, click yes and then proceed.
- Upload your resume or curriculum vitae
- Include your address, city, state, country, zip code, and phone number in your message.
- Fill in the following information about your former job: The title of the position, the organisation, the location, the start date, and the end date are all required.
- Additionally, fill in the following information regarding your academic background: Degree Level, Educational Institution, Country, Year Earned/Expected, Degree Name, and Academic Field.
- It’s critical to include specifics about your abilities: Proficiency in a skill, a certificate, or a language.
- In addition, you must provide other information (Mandatory Personal Information) such as your gender, date of birth, primary nationality, nationality 2 and nationality 3.
- Also, you may upload your cover afterwards.
You can apply online if you’re interested. (Please be sure you fill in all of the relevant fields.) Please keep in mind that applications will remain active in their database for six months. If you are still interested in the JPA programme after six months, you must reapply. Only those who have been selected for an assignment will be contacted to discuss their availability and interest. The recruiting manager chooses candidates in a highly competitive process.
World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) programme Offer in 2024
On a two-year, non-renewable Extended Term Consultant (ETC) contract with benefits, the World Bank Junior Professional Association (JPA) programme will provide you with the chance to get entry-level professional experience in a leading development organisation.
This offer will last for two (2)years.
Deadline for the World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) programme
The deadline for the World Bank Junior Professional Associate (JPA) programme is December.
The World Bank is always looking for skilled people with a variety of backgrounds from all across the world. They are happy to be an equal opportunity and inclusive company with a hardworking and devoted workforce, and they do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, religion, race, colour, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or handicap.
Individuals with disabilities may be given reasonable accommodations to perform important activities in the job, as well as assistance in obtaining further workplace accommodations. For further information and assistance, please contact the Disability Accommodation Fund at [email protected].