Are you looking to know Washington College acceptance rate and some other requirements to secure admission into the school?
You can ascertain your chances of being admitted by knowing about the admissions data and Washington College acceptance rate. To determine your odds of being accepted, look at the SAT and ACT results of past candidates.
If your exam results and academic record are in line with the institution’s requirements, you will have a decent chance of being accepted. Try retaking the exam to raise your score, or look for universities that accept results that are equivalent to yours, if you discover that your scores are lower than those of the usual freshman.
For what it’s worth, you shouldn’t apply to an institution like Washington College unprepared. The Washington college acceptance rate has always been a key factor to take into account when applying to international programs.
The acceptance rate at a particular time refers to the frequency with which universities accept applicants for a given course of study. Washington College’s acceptance rate is discussed in this article.
What to Know about Washington College?
Washington College, which George Washington indeed sponsored in its founding in 1782, has a lengthy and illustrious past. Due to the college’s great accomplishments in the liberal arts and sciences, Phi Beta Kappa established a branch there.
Undergraduate education can benefit greatly from the Center for Environment & Society, the C. V. Starr Center for the Study of the American Experience, and the Rose O’Neill Literary House.Also, Business Administration, Economics, English, Biology, and Psychology are popular majors.
The university also offers a certificate in international business studies for students (CISB). For non-business students who also wish to get a sales certificate and take part in the Lavin Entrepreneurship program, there are entrepreneurship and business minors available.
It is moreover, a highly regarded business school that has earned accreditation from the organization that oversees collegiate business schools. The university is renowned for offering a wide range of MBA programs.
What is Washington College Acceptance Rate in 2022?
The acceptance rate at Washington College for the 2019–20 admissions season was 92%. This translates to only 8 students not being accepted for every 100 applicants. The admissions procedure at Washington College is not particularly competitive overall.
Also, admission to Washington College is more competitive, with a 70% acceptance rate. In addition, an ACT score of 27 to 32 or an SAT score between 1168 and 1353 is required for admission to Washington College Maryland.
Nevertheless, 25% of accepted applicants received scores that were above these limits, while 25% received scores that were below these levels. The Washington College application deadline is February 15.
What is Washington College Transfer Acceptance Rate in 2022?
The transfer acceptance rate at Washington University in St. Louis is 62.2%. Considering all four-year institutions in the U.S., transfer students might face a little bit greater trouble being accepted.
The National Association for College Admission Counseling reported that the average acceptance percentage for a transfer candidate is 62 percent.
In 2019, Washington College received 98 transfer applicants. The school accepted 51 students.
Is it Hard to Get into Washington College?
Washington College’s acceptance rates are 80%. In Maryland, it has the 20th lowest acceptance rate. If you match the admissions requirements, Washington College is an easy school to get into with a very good likelihood of acceptance. 2,329 of the 2,901 applicants who applied last year were accepted.
However, with an average GPA of roughly 3.69 and a “B+” average in high school, Washington College consistently accepts and draws these students. The majority of first-year students graduate in the top 25% of their high school class. 11% of applicants who were given the option to enroll did so.
The application deadline is February 15 and there is no application cost for Washington College.
Does Washington College Require Test Scores?
Exam results are not required at Washington College.
However, most applicants to WC choose not to take standardized tests like the SAT and ACT.
Moreover, admission to Washington College is possible without submitting SAT or ACT scores. Although test results that you submit with your application will be taken into account.
Washington College SAT Requirements
1080 is the 25th percentile on the New SAT, whereas 1270 is the 75th percentile on the old SAT.
So, if you have 1080, you are below average, and if you have 1270, you are above average. Washington College doesn’t have a strict SAT requirement, but they definitely like to see at least 1080 to be considered.
Washington College ACT Requirements
At Washington College, the ACT score on average is 26. Washington College is now Moderately Competitive for ACT scores thanks to this score.
The ACT score for the 25th percentile is 22, and the ACT score for the 75th percentile is 29.
If you apply to Washington College with an ACT score of 22 or lower, even though they probably claim they have no minimum requirement, you’ll have a harder time getting in unless you have something else noteworthy in your application.
What are the Admission Requirements of Washington College?
- Early Decision – November 15 Click to Open
- Early Action – December 1 Click to Open
- Regular Decision – February 15 Click to Open
- Spring Freshman – November 15 Click to Open
- Transfer Student Application Deadlines Click to Open
Admission requirements include:
- Application Requirement : application form that is filled out and signed, Statement of purpose for college admission, ACT or SAT scores (optional) , One counsellor’s advice, Transcript in full.
- Suitable for Application: Advice from the teacher, Activity log, or resume
- Exam results are not required at Washington College: Standardized tests like the SAT and ACT are optional for most applicants to WC. Here is more information on our test-optional policy. Please indicate your intent to apply as a test optional student using this form. Test results will be required of candidates from abroad and homeschoolers.
- Self-Reported Test Results: There are several ways to submit self-reported test results: Scores should be entered in the Common Application or WC Application’s testing section. Please fax or email screenshots or scanned copies of your score reports to wc [email protected] (410-778-7287). Official test results will be required upon enrolling for candidates who self-report their test results and wish for their testing to be taken into consideration. Any deviations from self-reported exam results may cause us to withdraw our admissions offer.
- Submission of Official Test Scores : Any of the following methods can be used to submit official test results: Firstly, sent immediately from the SAT or ACT exam center. Washington College has the institution code 5888.
Secondly, sent by the student’s high school guidance counselor through fax (410) 778-7287 or email to wc [email protected] Thirdly, sent via certified transcript by the student’s high school counselor.
What are the Transfer Admission Requirements for Washington College in 2022?
Rolling admittance for transfers is depending on available space. The Registrar’s Office conducts an official evaluation of your final transcript before you enroll in Washington College, and all admitted applicants receive a preliminary credit review of their transcripts within 2-3 weeks of the admission decision.
The admission of transfer students happens on a rolling basis. Students are advised to submit their applications by April 15 for the first round and by June 1 for the second round for the Fall semester. Students are encouraged to submit applications for the Spring semester by December 15.
- Application Form
- College Transcripts (from all colleges attended)
- Final High School Transcript
- Registrar’s Report (required for all colleges attended)
- Instructor’s Evaluation
What are the GPA Requirements for Washington College?
Furthermore, for admission to Washington College, candidates must have received excellent grades in high school. Also the average high school GPA of Washington College’s admitted freshmen class was 3.69 on a 4.0 scale, indicating that most B+ students are accepted and ultimately enroll.
The school has the eighth-highest average GPA in Maryland. You have a very good chance of being admitted to Washington College if your high school grades are better than the typical 3.69 GPA. This is because 80% of applicants are accepted.
How to Apply to Washington College?
- Students can submit applications via the university’s online application system.
- Students must complete the application form and enter their information.
- Choose your preferred course of study.
- Complete the employment history field
- Include all necessary documentation.
- Obtain the necessary funding
- Send the application in
- Wait for the response from the university
Note: The application fee for the University of Washington is USD 85. (6,200 INR)
Application Materials for the University of Washington
- All international students attending the University of Washington must present the following documentation; the prerequisites for admission vary depending on the department.
- Bachelor’s degree with the requisite GPA in a relevant discipline
- official transcripts of institutions already attended
- GMAT or GRE score on a resume
- letter of recommendations
Alternatives to Washington College
Frequently Asked Questions
You must rank above average in your high school class to be admitted to Washington College with a 3.65 GPA. A combination of A and B grades is required, preferably with more A grades than B. Harder coursework, such as AP or IB courses, might make up for a low GPA.
Approximately 85% of the student body is given financial help based on need or scholarships based on merit.
Admission to Washington College is granted to eighty percent of applicants. Competition for admission is fierce, and the college lacks entrance requirements.
Students are encouraged to submit applications for the Spring semester by December 15. Rolling admissions are the practice at Washington College.
Washington College looks for students that make the most of the exceptional possibilities that are presented to them.
Finally, The varied curriculum at Washington incorporates a great intellectual legacy. Moreover, the school’s particular culture is fostered by its unique character, which distinguishes it from other top universities in the nation.
- https://www.thoughtco.com/ – Washington College Admission Requirements
- https://www.liberalartscolleges.com/ – Washington College Acceptance Rates
- https://www.washcoll.edu Washington College Admission Info
- https://www.prepscholar.com – Washington College Admission Requirements