Applications are now being accepted for the 2022 University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship from qualified undergraduate and graduate students who want to study in New Zealand.
The goal of this scholarship is to aid talented foreign students who are beginning their studies in undergraduate or graduate programs at the University of Waikato. The Scholarships will be given to candidates who have shown outstanding academic accomplishment. The Scholarships have a value of up to NZD$20,000 for undergraduate students and up to NZD$15,000 for postgraduate students.
The University of Waikato is a well-regarded university with a 5-star ranking in the 2021 QS World University Subject Rankings for many of its subjects.
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established in 2015 to expand educational opportunities, foster internationalisation, and support brilliant overseas applicants enrolling as new undergraduate or postgraduate students at the University of Waikato.
The Scholarship, worth up to NZD$20,000 for undergraduate students and NZD$15,000 for postgraduate students, will be offered to applicants who have exhibited exceptional academic accomplishment. Successful candidates may also be asked to serve as worldwide ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is for undergraduate and postgraduate students vying to study at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship is hosted by the University of Waikato. The University of Waikato is a recognized university in Canada.
Eligibility for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- be applying to the University of Waikato as a new international student to study full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme;
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of admission from the University of Waikato (including a route offered for the Certificate of Attainment in the English Language; International Diploma (Business); International Diploma (Computer Science); or Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (Pre-Masters));
- have a minimum GPA equivalent of B+ in your most recent qualification used to gain admission to your qualification at the University of Waikato;
- not be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in the English Language, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma (Business) or the International Diploma (Computer Science); Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (PreMasters) or any other pre-degree pathway programme);
- not have paid fees at the time of application; not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement;
Except for those who opt to study in the Waikato China Learning Centre (CLC) at Hainan University, students who choose to study online with the University are not eligible to apply for the Waikato International Excellence Scholarship.
How to Apply
Candidates that meet the requirements should click the button below to start the application process.
Instead, in 2022, all new international students (except CLC students) who desire to begin their studies online will automatically be given a 20 per cent tuition fee discount and will get a travel stipend.
Candidates who have shown outstanding academic achievement will get scholarships worth up to NZD$15,000 for undergraduate students and $20,000 for postgraduate studies. Successful candidates can also be asked to represent the University of Waikato abroad.
Deadline for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship
Applications for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship can be submitted at any time.
About the University of Waikato
The University of Waikato is dedicated to providing a top-notch portfolio of research and education. We provide a distinctive and rewarding university experience with about 13,000 students and 1,500 staff while developing solid worldwide connections to further knowledge.