The University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship is one of the most distinguished honours given by the University of Pittsburgh. Chancellor’s Scholars are incoming domestic first-year students admitted to Frederick Honors College. They benefit from the individualized attention of a small academically rigorous college and the scholarly advantages of a major research university.
Level/Field of Study
The University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship was created for freshmen who gained admission to study at Frederick Honors College.
The University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship is sponsored by the University of Pittsburgh. The University of Pittsburgh is one of the top universities in Pennsylvania, USA.
Eligibility for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship
A candidate must be qualified for consideration to be considered.
- Candidates must satisfy the Frederick Honors College application deadline of December 1 and be admitted to Frederick Honors College.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be a first-year student.
- Must be enrolled full-time at the Pittsburgh campus.
- The average academic requirements are 1450-1500 SAT and 32-33 ACT with an ‘A’ (or 3.80 unweighted) GPA.
Requirements to Apply for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship
The following are required supporting documents to apply for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship
- Resume / CV
- SAT/ACT result
- Essay (Topic is provided by the school)
The Chancellor’s Scholarship is valid for four years/eight semesters of full-time undergraduate study at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Campus. To renew the scholarship every year, recipients must:
- Continue to be a full-time student (minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
- For further information, please see the University Scholarship Guidelines.
Deadline for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship
Incoming first-year students who complete and submit an application for admission and all needed materials by December 1 are automatically considered for academic scholarships at the University of Pittsburgh.
Application Process for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship
- Incoming students must apply to Frederick Honors College through the University of Pittsburgh’s regular admission process.
- Approximately 50 Frederick Honors College students will be asked to an on-campus interview with the Chancellor’s Scholarship Selection Committee, which includes the dean of Frederick Honors College, the director of advising, and academic advisers.
- Interviews are competitively selected based on a candidate’s high school academic record (provided as part of the entrance application), SAT/ACT results (if applicable), and the quality of the mandatory Frederick Honors College application essay questions. Furthermore, the Selection Committee will seek an interview pool that is representative of the incoming class in terms of academic schools/majors and demographics such as domicile, gender, cultural diversity, and so on.
- Interview invitations will be sent out in early February, with interviews taking place throughout March. Only those candidates who have been invited to on-campus interviews will be notified. Participants in the Chancellor’s Scholarship interview process will be informed of their final status by mid-April. This prestigious scholarship is awarded to roughly 15 members of the entering class each year.
The Chancellor’s Scholarship is a four-year undergraduate scholarship that includes:
- Full tuition
- Mandatory fees
- Average room and board plan
- Guaranteed Frederick Honors College housing
1 thought on “University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Scholarship for Free”
I appreciate it