African students who are qualified and interested in studying in Australia may apply for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship.
The scholarship is worth ($50,000 gross) $10,000 for each year of study with a full-time study load divided among the courses taken, serving as a tuition discount.
It is a well-liked option for international students year after year because of the welcoming locals, straightforward and understandable transportation system, and winding streets lined with stunning structures.
The Newcastle Excellence Scholarship was created to entice outstanding international students to study at the University of Newcastle in 2023 and beyond. This scholarship rewards candidates with a strong academic record and encourages them to keep pushing themselves to become the best version of themselves. It is merit-based.
Scholarships will be given automatically to students who have received an offer to enroll in a qualified program that does not have a quota and who will start their studies at the University of Newcastle.
Level/Field of Study
The University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship is designed for both undergraduate and graduate studies. There are no restrictions as to the choice of course of study.
The University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship is hosted by the University of Newcastle. the University of Newcastle is located in Callaghan, Australia. It is one of the top universities in Australia.
Eligibility for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship:
- possessing a passport from one of the 54 African nations.
- beginning your studies at the University in a qualifying undergraduate or graduate coursework degree program (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be a full-fee-paying international student.
- as stated in your letter of offer, be starting a program at an Australian or online campus that qualifies.
- not receive a separate University scholarship unless a special exception has been approved in advance by the college.
- fulfill all financial responsibilities of an international student paying full tuition, including the full tuition fee and other costs associated with obtaining a student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is forfeited.
Requirements to Apply for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship
Candidates must be prepared to submit the following paperwork in order to apply:
- Completion certificate
- English language requirements
- Evidence of English proficiency
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
- Passport biometric page
- Scanned colored original or certified documents
- The scholarship is worth AU$10,000 for each year of study at a full-time load divided by the number of courses taken, or $1250 per course.
- This will be applied to your student account as a tuition fee reduction against the number of credits originally stated in your letter of offer for each term of study in your eligible program(s).
How to Apply for the University of Newcastle Excellence Scholarship
Your application won’t be processed if the necessary documentation is not provided. Prior to completing the online application process, please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files.
When a student applies to a university, a scholarship application is submitted automatically (where eligibility criteria are met).
The value of the scholarship will be disclosed to successful candidates along with their Offer Letter, and they should carefully review all of the terms and conditions before deciding whether or not to accept.
Scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit. All academic merit decisions are made in accordance with the University’s methods for calculating ATAR and GPA.
Students will not be eligible for the scholarship if they do not receive an offer. Internal transfer students who are enrolled at a campus in Australia or online and who have not previously received the scholarship are also ineligible. This scholarship is not available to students in programs with quotas (please view full terms and conditions for the list of quota-limited programs which will not be eligible).