University of Dayton Merit scholarship covers up to $30,000 per year toward tuition. When Dayton receives your application and the relevant documentation, it will automatically evaluate you for a merit scholarship. When a student applies for admission, he or she is immediately considered for an international merit scholarship.
Simply fill out the admission application form to be considered. We encourage you to explore the application process details, as well as links to numerous free online applications, including the University of Dayton’s application.
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a doctoral-level university in the Midwestern city of Dayton, Ohio.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is designed for undergraduate studies. Students from other universities that want to transfer to the University of Dayton are eligible. You can benefit from the scholarship as long as the school offers your preferred course of study.
The University of Dayton is one of the top universities in America. If you want to study in America, this scholarship is for you, do not miss out on this opportunity.
Criteria for the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship
- International students must be the applicants.
- Either first-year or transfer undergraduate students are required to apply.
- Must possess a high school diploma or an equivalent.
- Must be prepared to begin a full-time degree program.
- Must provide documentation of their English language skills.
Timeline and Evaluation Criteria
- Your application will be evaluated and reviewed within 2-4 weeks of its completion (certain programs may have a longer evaluation and review process).
- The email address provided on the admission application will receive official decision letters, immigration paperwork, and instructions for verifying your enrolment.
- To see what papers we have already received and what is still required to complete your application, you can always check your status on your application site.
Deadline for the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship
The academic year at the University of Dayton is split into three terms. For overseas students, the following dates are the deadlines:
- August through December, fall term — May 1
- November 1st for the spring semester (January through April).
- May through July for the summer session (only for transfer students) — March 1
If you need to withdraw from a particular term, please visit your admissions site to reapply for a subsequent term.
Application Process for the University of Dayton Merit Scholarship
Candidates that meet the requirements should apply via the website.
Those interested should fill out the program admission application in order to be considered for the University of Dayton Merit scholarships. Use the Common Application or the University of Dayton Application to submit a free application. Documents may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already submitted an application and want to confirm enrollment or check the status of your submission? Enter your application portal here and log in.
- The award will help with your tuition and is valued at $30,000.
- You might be able to earn up to $4,000 to pay for your textbooks over the course of four years.
About the Sponsor
The University of Dayton (UD) is an Ohio-based private Catholic research university. The Society of Mary founded the University in 1850, and it is one of three Marianist universities in the country, as well as the second-largest private university in Ohio. The campus of the institution is located on the city’s southern outskirts and comprises 388 acres on both sides of the Great Miami River. The Immaculate Conception Chapel and the University of Dayton Arena are highlights of the campus.
The university enrolled 11,347 full-time students from various religious, ethnic, and geographic backgrounds in the fall of 2020. More than 80 academic degrees are available, including arts and sciences, business administration, education, health sciences, engineering, and law. In 2009, UD launched what it believes to be one of the first undergraduate human rights degree programs. It falls under the category of “R2: Doctoral Universities – High Research Activity.”
The University awards merit scholarships to prospective first-year students worth up to $124,000 (over four years) as a reward for their hard work. Additionally, a $16,000 scholarship each year, Academic Excellence Awards, and other benefits are available to full-time transfer students.
The University of Dayton is a premier national Catholic university that offers doctoral degrees and emphasizes research.
A top-tier Catholic research institution with undergraduate and doctoral programs is the University of Dayton. It is a multicultural neighborhood devoted to the Marianist heritage. By fusing knowledge and scholarship with leadership and service, it seeks to educate the full person.
- 8 Popular Essay Prompts for Scholarships
- Doha Institute for Graduate Studies Scholarship for International Students
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship – Complete Guide