With a UK student Visitor Visa or Standard Traveller Visa, a visitor or student is permitted to stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
Shorter-term UK visit visas are also available.
The UK Student Visitor Visa is intended for students who are going to the UK for a short course under 6 months, to visit a school, to visit family members who are there, to receive medical attention, or for business.
Applicants should note that the U.K. student visitor visa is not meant to be taken as a study visa as it is a temporary visa for student visits only.
The UK student visitor visa has largely replaced a number of other visa categories, including general visitor visas, family visitor visas, child visitor visas, family visitor visas for children, business visitor visas, including visas for academics, doctors, and dentists, sports visitor visas, entertainer visitor visas, prospective entrepreneur visas, private medical treatment visas, and approved destination status (ADS) visas.
Who Qualifies for a Uk Student Visitor Visa?
Those who wish to travel, study, or work in the UK may do so by requesting a UK Visit Visa.
The Uk student visitor visa is meant for students who wish to undergo a short course or visit a school in the Uk.
English comprehension should be possible for the visitor.
The applicant for a UK student visitor visa must show proof of a confirmed round-trip ticket and a confirmed hotel reservation.
The applicant must provide a compelling justification for visiting the UK, as well as evidence of his or her ability to support any dependents as well as themselves.
Furthermore, the applicant should have all of the required paperwork on hand before applying for a UK student visitor visa.
What is Permissible with a Student Visitor Visa??
Short-term study visas are only available as of December 1, 2020, to students who request entrance clearance to enroll in an English language program lasting six to 11 months.
Applying for a student visa is necessary if you want to enroll in a pre-sessional English course.
For studies lasting less than six months, you must apply for a Standard Uk Student Visitor visa.
You cannot change your visa category while in the UK on a short-term study visa, nor can it be extended. When this visa expires, you have to leave the UK.
Non-visa nationalities can be able to enter the UK on the Standard Visitor Visa for other programs lasting up to six months.
The term “short-term study visa” is frequently used to refer to a student visitor visa.
It should not be confused with the Student Visa, a different type of visa.
Depending on when you arrived in the UK, what you can do on the student visitor visa may change if you are a citizen of an EU or EEA nation or have utilized the EU Settlement Scheme.
There are only some recognized courses that are eligible for enrollment.
If you can demonstrate that your course lasts less than eleven months, you are allowed to remain in the UK for the duration of your stay plus 30 days.
You can also be required to pay additional fees on top of the visa application fee and the price of your course (including the healthcare surcharge).
Who can Apply for the Uk Student Visitor Visa?
To be eligible to apply for this temporary student visa, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You are older than 16 years of age.
- You’ve been accepted into a course in English that qualifies.
- The only subject in the course is English.
- The institution or training provider is licensed and accredited.
- You have enough money to live comfortably without working.
- You may pay for your return trip.
Additionally, if you are under the age of 18, you must make sure that:
- A record of your travel and lodging arrangements is required.
- Confirmation of your guardians’ or parents’ approval for you to study in the UK
You must demonstrate your intent to enroll only in the course for which authorization was granted if you want to be granted this visa.
You must also depart the UK within 30 days of the conclusion of your program.
Failure to do so may put future applications in jeopardy by putting you in danger of breaking immigration laws.
You are not allowed to work or participate in any type of job experience.
Likewise, you are not allowed to engage in any professional or business activities for the period of your visa.
What are the Necessary Documents for the Uk Student Visitor Visa?
- Your current passport or another acceptable form of identification;
- Proof that you will be able to support yourself while traveling; the Home Office advises bringing the last six months’ worth of pay stubs or bank statements. Although there isn’t a set quantity you must present, you might want to look at the Student and Child Student guidelines.
- Information about your intended lodging and travel routes; although you are not required to book travel or lodging before requesting a visa, you should at least have a general notion of where you want to stay and when you will return home. When starting the day you intend to depart the UK, make every effort to be as specific as you can.
- If you are from a nation where you must take the test, the results of your tuberculosis (TB) test must be submitted.
- If you are less than 18, you must provide the phone number of at least one parent or legal guardian in your native country.
- All non-English versions of these papers must also be accompanied by translations.
- valid travel document or passport
- the letter indicating your information, the duration, and the focus of the course, and verifying your admittance to a recognized organization
- Evidence that you have paid your course fees
- Biometrics (facial photograph and fingerprints)
When entering the UK, anyone under the age of 18 must provide proof of their travel, reception, and care arrangements.
If you want specialized medical care, getting private health insurance could be advised.
Along with their contact information, you must also include formal written confirmation from both of your parents or legal guardians that they have given you permission to study in the UK.
What are the Uk Student Visitor Visa Financial Requirements?
Applicants seeking UK Visit Visas must demonstrate that they have the money necessary to cover all reasonable costs associated with their trip to the UK without using any public funding.
The costs of the specified activities, such as private medical care, as well as their onward and return travel as well as the costs of dependents’ expenses are included.
In circumstances when the visit is sponsored by a friend or relative, the sponsor documents should demonstrate that the sponsor will pay for all travel, living, and lodging expenditures.
The applicant must send supporting documents such as bank statements, salary stubs, dividend vouchers, and tax records.
The applicant is not required to demonstrate that they have the required amount of money to cover their living expenses, transport charges, and housing costs.
What is the Cost of the Uk Student Visitor Visa?
Depending on the nation from which the application is made, the cost of a UK student visitor visa varies.
Most of the time, a UK Student visitor visa costs between USD 130 and 135 per applicant.
Standard processing costs $40.00, Rush Processing costs $70.00, and Super Rush Processing costs $90.00 extra.
How to Apply for the Uk Student Visitor Visa
You must submit an application outside the UK (you cannot switch to this visa) and wait for a favorable verdict before making your way to the UK if you want to obtain this visa.
To apply for your visa, take the following actions:
- Receive an offer to enroll in a course after applying, and accepting it.
- The online application form in its entirety must be completed
- Cover the application fee.
- Submit the supporting documentation.
- Give your biometric data (fingerprints and photograph) to the appropriate authorities
- Send your application in
- Await the announcement of the decision.
Can the Uk Student Visitor Visa be Extended?
If you are given a student visitor visa, you cannot change to another immigration category.
Similarly, if you are in the UK on another visa, you cannot move to this category.
You must not consider the UK to be your primary residence in order to qualify for the student visitor visa.
If you want to continue your studies in the UK, you might be allowed to go back and apply for a student visa there.
In conclusion, although you cannot change to this visa while you are already in the UK, you must apply through the new procedure for student visas from your home country if you intend to study there for longer than six months.
Furthermore, you are allowed to apply for jobs abroad after leaving the UK.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you cannot enter the UK on this visa while bringing dependents with you.
To study in the UK, you must apply for a student visa, not a short-term study visa. If you do, you may be allowed to bring dependents with you.
You cannot change to this visa while you are already in the UK; instead, if you wish to study in the UK for a period longer than six months, you must apply through your home country using the new student visa system.
It is possible to apply for a job abroad after leaving the UK.
Typically, it is good for six months. So, you can stay for a maximum of six months at a time.
You can apply for a guest visa that is valid for 2, 5, or 10 years, but you are only allowed to stay for six months in each 12-month period.
One of the most sought-after locations for international students is the UK.
However, it can be difficult and time-consuming to obtain a student visa to study in the UK.
New rules will be in place starting in 2022 to make it simpler for Indian students who want to attend a university in the UK.
You must provide six months’ worth of bank statements that clearly outline your monthly income and other debt obligations.
Except for your pay, there must be no other significant monetary deposits. Total savings must equal at least twice the cost of your projected vacation to the UK.