Here in this blog post, you will find every detail about Thomas Jefferson university acceptance rate, requirements, SAT/ACT scores, GPA scores, and admission status.
The 22nd institution in Pennsylvania with the lowest acceptance rate is Thomas Jefferson University. The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate, which is 63.6%, is fairly selective.
At Thomas Jefferson University, the student-to-instructor ratio is 8:1. This implies that instructors will be properly accessible to their students and provide appropriate guidance. When compared to the national average of a 15:1 student-to-teacher ratio, The College is among the top colleges in the country.
Thomas Jefferson University has an admission rate that is greater than the average acceptance rate for all universities in the country, which is roughly 56.7%.
Therefore, in order to stand out, applicants must have strong academic standing and extracurricular involvement that demonstrates their special talents. We are ready to put you through the Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate in order for you to stand out.
What to know about Thomas Jefferson University?
Private Jefferson University is the 176th-best national university according to the US News 2021 Rankings. The university has 7,000 students enrolled in 200 undergraduate and graduate courses across its 13 college campuses. The university also provides certificate programs in addition to normal courses.
The university’s admissions process is a little selective, with a 63.9% acceptance rate. Students are not required to submit their test results from exams like the ACT or SAT. International students must, however, present their English Language Proficiency test results. The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate which is 63.6% is fairly selective.
What Is Thomas Jefferson University Acceptance Rate in 2023?
One aspect to take into account while selecting this institution is the Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate. Institutions publish their acceptance rate each year, which applicants can use as a guide to understanding how hard the admissions process is.
The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate is 63.6%, which is slightly selective. This suggests that only roughly 64 out of every 100 candidates are admitted.
Applicants must make sure they check the school’s website to become familiar with the admissions requirements in order to be considered for admission to Thomas Jefferson University.
Thomas Jefferson University Transfer Acceptance Rate in 2023
Consider Thomas Jefferson University if you’re a student looking to transfer to a college or university with a respectable acceptance rate.
The acceptance percentage for transfer students at Thomas Jefferson University is 40.0%, which highlights how difficult it is to get accepted. The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate which is 63.6% is fairly selective.
Applicants must currently have a GPA of at least 3.34 in order to be considered for transfer to Thomas Jefferson University. Additionally, candidates must submit their standardized exam results, the necessary credits, and prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of B.
Does Thomas Jefferson University Require Test Scores?
Thomas Jefferson University has a 58% acceptance rate for the 2017–18 admissions session. This indicates that 58 out of every 100 applicants were accepted, making the admissions procedure at Jefferson competitive.
To apply to Thomas Jefferson University, you must submit your SAT or ACT scores. 76% of accepted students who applied for admission in the 2017–18 cycle sent their SAT results.
According to the admissions data, the majority of Jefferson’s accepted students scored in the top 35% nationwide on the SAT. 50% of applicants to Jefferson received scores for the evidence-based reading and writing portion between 540 and 620, while 25% received scores below 540 and 25% received scores above 620. The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate which is 63.6% is fairly selective.
50% of accepted students scored between 520 and 620 on the arithmetic section, 25% below 520, and 25% over 620. A combined SAT score of 1240 or higher will put applicants in a particularly competitive position at Jefferson.
The writing portion of the SAT is optional for Jefferson. As a result of Jefferson’s participation in the score choice program, the admissions office will take into account your top score from each section on all SAT test dates.
All applicants must submit their SAT or ACT scores to Jefferson. 18% of accepted students who applied during the 2017–18 admissions cycle submitted their ACT results.
According to the admissions data, the majority of Jefferson’s accepted students scored in the top 36% nationwide on the ACT. 25% of applicants at Jefferson obtained composite ACT scores between 22 and 28, 25% received scores above 28, and 25% received scores below 22.
The ACT writing part is not necessary for admission to Jefferson. The ACT score policy of Jefferson is not disclosed on the website. The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate which is 63.6% is fairly selective.
Applicants to Thomas Jefferson University must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. However, a GPA of 3.6 or higher is recommended for a better chance of admission. This also applies to international applicants who must also take the TOEFL iBT exam and score at least 80 to demonstrate English language proficiency.
Admission Requirements for Thomas Jefferson University
Thomas Jefferson University has a competitive admissions pool and accepts just over half of the applicants. You stand a good chance of getting into the school if your SAT/ACT scores are within the school’s average range.
Remember that Jefferson has a comprehensive admissions procedure that takes into account elements other than your test results. Your candidacy can be strengthened by a compelling application essay, stellar letters of recommendation, involvement in worthwhile extracurricular activities, and a demanding course load.
In addition to students who demonstrate promise in the classroom, the institution seeks students who will meaningfully contribute to the campus community. Even if a student’s grades and test scores fall outside the norm at Thomas Jefferson University, their achievements may still be given serious consideration. The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate which is 63.6% is fairly selective.
Transfer Requirements for Thomas Jefferson University
It’s critical for transfer students to familiarize themselves with the acceptance rate and admission standards of their chosen college.
Transfer applicants to Thomas Jefferson University should be aware that the school has a very demanding admissions process due to its 40.0% acceptance rate for transfers.
The following requirements must be met in order to apply to Thomas Jefferson University as a transfer student:
- Common Application: No application cost is required. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you previously applied to Thomas Jefferson University and want to reactivate your application.
- a certified copy of your high school diploma (with graduation date)
- an official transcript from college (s)
- Finish and submit Report from the Common Application at Midterm
- Complete the Common Application’s College Report and submit it.
- one letter of recommendation from a professor of higher education
- A member of the admissions staff is interviewed.
- SAT or ACT results: (optional) Please take notice that we do require the writing component and that our ACT school code is 3640. We don’t require the SAT-II, and our SAT school code is 2424.
- passport photocopy (International Applicants Only)
- Form for a Certificate of Finances (International Applicants Only)
- Interview: Even if you’ve already had one, you must go through one again if you’re renewing an earlier application.
How to Apply to Thomas Jefferson University
Whether applying as a freshman, transfer, or overseas student, candidates are expected to meet the admission standards in order to be considered for admission to Thomas Jefferson.
Candidates should continue filling out the application forms after meeting the admission requirement.
The following actions must be taken in order to submit an application for the undergraduate program:
- Candidates for Regular Decision should submit a Common Application and declare in the Thomas Jefferson questions that they want to be considered for admission via Regular Decisions (RD).
- Regular Decisions must be submitted by February 1st. By the middle of March, applicants who submitted a Regular Decision application will learn their admissions results online.
- Students need to fill out additional documentation in order to be eligible for one of our academic collaboration programs.
- Regular Decision applicants who wish to move their applications to EDII must complete the Early Decision Agreement Form and submit it by February 15.
After February 1, students who have made Thomas Jefferson their top choice may use this option to indicate their true interest in attending.
- Apply online: A $50 application fee is necessary unless you meet the requirements for an institutional fee waiver or this would result in severe financial hardship.
- Request references from one instructor and your counselor.
- Your recommenders have two options for submitting your application: electronically through the Common Application or by downloading the forms from the internet and mailing them to the Office of Admissions.
- Although your transcript will serve as the last piece of your application, please make sure that Admissions receives grade reports for each quarter or marking period as soon as they are made available throughout your senior year.
Your counselor can submit the Mid Year Report via the Common Application website or by downloading the form from the internet and sending it straight to the Office of Admissions.
- Send your ACT or SAT results
- Should you decide not to submit your ACT or SAT results?
In the Common Application’s preferred testing plan question, provide the appropriate response. Additionally, you can do so by filling out the Test-Optional Form.
Although test scores are not required for admission, they are required for Academic Partnerships consideration.
Thomas Jefferson University has supported students’ dreams for the future and has been committed to their intellectual and personal growth since it was founded in 1824.
Students are encouraged to thoroughly and comprehensively pursue their academic curriculum at Thomas Jefferson University, a traditional liberal arts institution. The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate which is 63.6% is fairly selective.
The majority of students employ extracurricular activities including job shadowing, research, study abroad, and civic engagement to better their educational possibilities, while more than 30% of students double major.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is true that accepted students may postpone enrollment at Thomas Jefferson University.
From approved universities, Thomas Jefferson University will accept transfer credits that are qualified. Accepted at Thomas Jefferson University are:
CLEP specialty exams
The University of Thomas Jefferson does not waive tests. Test results are a requirement for the application.
The Thomas Jefferson University acceptance rate is 63.6%.
There is no early decision program at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Fresno State Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
- Providence College Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- Texas A&M Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of South Carolina Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- FIT Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission