QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts) is given to students who receive the highest scores in their portfolio, interview, or performance for a selection of creative industries courses which recognise excellence in creative endeavours. Acting, dance, music, and visual arts are majors that can qualify for scholarships. QUT Excellence Scholarships (Elite Visual and Performing Arts) are awards that recognise excellence in artistic endeavours and are given to students who receive the highest scores in their portfolio, interview, or performance for a selection of creative industries courses. Scholarships are available for students majoring in the performing arts, dance, music, and visual arts.
These awards honour creative excellence and show the university’s desire to draw the brightest students to the study of the creative industries.
This includes a provision for one QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts) from each eligible course to be awarded to the top-scoring Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants who meet the minimum additional entry requirements. This is in keeping with our commitment to Indigenous engagement.
Table of Contents
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is open to applicants who are registering for for a bachelors degree in the Creative Industries that meet the criteria but also require an additional entry requirement, such as an audition or portfolio.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts).
IF you do not fall into any of the following, consider the QUT Academic Excellence Scholarship.
The QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts) is proudly brought to you by the Queensland University of Technology. The Queensland University of Technology is a top university in Austrailia.
Eligibility for the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts)
One of the following is required of you:
- a person who is Australian or New Zealander
- a foreign student who has graduated from high school in Australia or abroad using the Australian curriculum (or the International Baccalaureate) and who is a permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa.
Also necessary are
- You will be beginning your first year of university in 2023 and have listed one of the qualifying Creative Industries courses as your top preference on your QTAC application.
- It is possible to apply for this scholarship if you want to enrol in a course in the Creative Industries that requires additional admissions criteria, such as an audition or portfolio.
How to Apply for the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts)
No particular application procedure is required in order to be considered for this scholarship. All applicants who apply for a course that is eligible will be taken into account.
Each course’s specific audition or portfolio requirements, as well as the QTAC application, must be fulfilled.
The pool of qualified applicants in the creative industries will be used to select the scholarship winners.
If you are chosen, you will be given a scholarship offer that is consistent with your course offer.
The two applicants who score the highest in each of the additional entry applications for the courses that qualify will receive a scholarship. This includes a provision for the top-ranked Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants who meet the minimal additional entry requirement to receive one QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts) from each eligible course.
You will get the following from the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Elite Visual and Performing Arts):
- a scholarship with a maximum value of $30,000. After the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the normal length of your course, for up to three years ($10,000 per year), these scholarships will be paid as a study stipend of up to $5,000 ($10,000 per year).
- admission to the College of Excellence at QUT.
QUT has a focus on the real world and a global perspective. Courses have a well-balanced mix of theory and practical experiences like internships and placements because the university is committed to providing real world learning experiences and research solutions. With more than 50,000 students, including international students from more than 140 countries, it provides a diverse and multicultural learning environment.
Through more than 3,000 industry partners, QUT students have the chance to develop valuable professional connections and hands-on experience. This research university is among the fastest-growing in the country, and thanks to our solid international standing, your credentials will be respected wherever you decide to pursue a career.
Join us on social media, we are ever-present there to keep you up to date. All you need to do is follow. We’ll be glad to meet you there. Don't forget to subscribe!