The Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship is a program designed to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Computer Science at the Queen Mary University of London.
The scholarships are intended for female and/or black students, who are currently underrepresented in these fields of study.
Queen Mary is one of the world’s most international institutions, with students from over 160 countries.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship provides postgraduate education in the fields of AI, machine learning, and computer science.
When you study at Queen Mary, you become a member of an open and friendly global community.
The the Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship is brought to you by Queen Mary University. Queen Mary University is a well-known university in London, England.
Eligibility for the Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship:
- Be a student from the United Kingdom or another country.
- Identify as female or belong to one of the following ethnic groups: Black African; Black Caribbean; Black Other; Mixed – White and Black Caribbean; or Other mixed backgrounds (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other).
- Have an offer to study on one of the following programs starting in September 2022: the Queen Mary University of London offers full-time MSc degrees in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Computer Games, and Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics.
Requirements to Apply for the Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship
The following documents are compulsory to apply for the Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship:
- A copy of your offer letter to study one of the following Queen Mary programmes: MSc Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc Computer Science (FT), MSc Computer Games, or MSc Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (FT).
- A completed application form, including a short statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you should be considered for the award and what sparked your interest in studying at the Queen Mary University of London.
- A copy of your comprehensive CV
- Kindly confirm your eligibility to apply. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered by the panel, and awards may be withdrawn if your application is later found to have not met the eligibility criteria or to have provided false information.
- Then, fill out the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A selection panel will shortlist applications before deciding which five students will receive the award. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by August 2023.
A selection panel will shortlist applications before deciding which five students will receive the award. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by August 2023.
The DeepMind Scholarship will cover tuition fees of £11,850 (International fees of £27,250), a living allowance of £15,480, an annual £2,000 travel scholarship, and a one-time £1,500 equipment grant.
4 applicants will benefit from the scholarship.
Deadline for the Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship
This scholarship opening will close in July 2023.
About Queen Mary University
Through academic excellence, Queen Mary University has promoted social justice and improved lives. They have continued to live and breathe this spirit to this day, not simply because it is ‘the right thing to do,’ but because of what it has helped the university achieve and the intellectual brilliance it provides.
They are of the strong belief that great ideas can and should come from anywhere. It’s a strategy that has yielded results all over the world, from East London communities to Rio de Janeiro favelas.
We continue to value diversity of thought and opinion in all that we do, believing that when perspectives clash, disciplines interact, and perspectives intersect, truly original thought emerges.