The Petroleum Technology Development Fund PTDF Scholarship Overseas is presently accepting applications from masters and doctoral candidates. The PTDF scholarship is available in the following countries: France, Germany, China, and Malaysia.
The PTDF Scholarship 2022 scheme is open to qualified international and local students for M.Sc and PhD courses. Awards will be given for studies in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France (via Campus France), Top Institutions in the United States of America, as well as Federal Universities and Centers of Excellence in Nigeria.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a government body under the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by law to develop and promote petroleum technology as well as to meet the oil and gas industry’s human resource demands through research and training of Nigerians.
The PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme is an annual programme for masters and doctoral studies. The goal is to educate Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill set necessary to actively participate in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry upon completion of their studies.
Level/Field of Study
The PTDF overseas scholarship scheme is open to Master’s and PhD studies. Read further for more information.
The scholarship is hosted in 4 different countries, namely; Germany, France, China and Malaysia.
Eligibility for the PTDF Scholarship
Overseas students must pass the following exams.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT –for Management related courses (USA)
The following makes you eligible for the MSc PTDF Scholarship;
- Applicant must have National Youth Certificate (NYC).
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
- Applicant must possess O Level with Credit in English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO).
- Applicants must be computer literate
All of the aforementioned eligibility standards must be met for the PHD course, as well as
- employment in academics in a respected Nigerian institution teaching oil and gas-related areas.
- A minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a second-degree certificate in an oil and gas-related area;
- Submit a research proposal (no more than 5 pages) addressing the following topics: Topic, introduction, objective, industry-relevant technique, and data gathering manner;
- You must have a valid admission letter.
The applicant’s age should not be more than 30 years old for MSc and 40 years old for a PhD.
Requirements to Apply for the PTDF Scholarship
All of the documents listed below must be scanned and attached to the application form.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants)
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
Deadline for the PTDF Scholarship
Official dates will be released soon, and qualified candidates can visit the official website to learn more about the PTDF Scholarship 2023 initiative here.
How to Apply for the PTDF Scholarship
All applicants can submit their application forms and accompanying documents online using an ATM (Interswitch, Master, and Visa) card or by purchasing a scratch card from selected First Bank of Nigeria Plc main branches in all 36 states and the FCT for a non-refundable cost of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). On or before the deadline, instructions on how to access the form online are clearly printed on the backside of the cards.
Shortlisted candidates for MSc students will take a computer-based test, while PhD candidates must undergo an oral interview.
The scholarship programme is a fully-funded scholarship, which means it covers all travel, lodging, tuition, and books. You can also find fully-funded academic scholarship opportunities in your area.
PTDF Scholarship Past Questions
If you are preparing for the PTDF scholarship exams, you will notice that the Oversea M.Sc. and PhD Awards are all based on notable events in Nigerian and international current affairs, problems in the oil and gas industry, and most recently English language for part 1. Your path of study in regard to oil and gas is discussed in Part 2 of the essay.