Mississippi State University offers academic merit-based Mississippi State University scholarship to entering freshmen and transfer students. All scholarships require university admission, and applications must be submitted online. MSU also offers the Colvard Future Leader Scholarship, which can be combined with Academic Excellence.
Level/Field of Study
The Mississippi State University Scholarship is designed for incoming students who wish to study at Mississippi State University no matter the coii
The Mississippi State University Scholarship is funded by the Mississippi State University with the aim of supporting young students that wish to study at thee university.
Criteria for Mississippi State University Scholarship
- Admission to Mississippi State University is required.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- A minimum of ACT 21 is required (min SAT 920).
- After admission, you must complete a scholarship application in MyState.
Deadline for the Mississippi State University Scholarship
The general scholarship application must be submitted in order to be considered for competitive, leadership and service, and private scholarships. December 1 is the priority date for competitive and private scholarships.
Application Proccess for the Mississippi State University Scholarship
- Student must be admitted to MSU to apply for scholarships.
- Log in to your MyState account.
- On the Banner tab, under the Financial Aid and Scholarships column, click “Submit/Revise General Scholarship Application”.
- A new window will pop up, and you’ll need to log in again.
-When you’re logging in for the first time, you’ll need to complete the general application.
on’t forget to click the “Save” button! When you’re returning after your first log-in, you’ll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions and Scholarships at scholarships.msstate.edu or (662) 325-2224.
Depending on GPA and test scores, awards range from $1,000 to $20,000. There is no set number of recipients because the monetary award is for tuition and living expenses.
Freshmen have a maximum of four years; transfers have a maximum of two years.
About Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University (MSU), formerly known as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of the State of Mississippi, was founded on February 28, 1878. By the time Mississippi University was renamed in 1958, it already had 11 colleges and offered doctoral degree programs.
The university’s primary goals are on- and off-campus education, scientific research, and community service. Because the school places a strong emphasis on agriculture, it has a 560-acre AFES Plant Science Farm, ten greenhouses, and a 1,650-acre MAFES Animal Sciences Farm and structures. The purpose of this article is to discuss Mississippi State University scholarships and how to get accepted to the prestigious Mississippi State University.
Mississippi State University, confers bachelor’s, master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees. More than 19,000 students attend the university, who come from every county in Mississippi, all 50 states, and 75 countries. There are currently over 750 international students and over 100 exchange visitor scholars. MSU offers a diverse student body as well as a wide range of opportunities and challenges for learning, research, and discovery.
International students find Mississippi State University to be a home away from home. Multicultural events are promoted by the university to assist international students in celebrating their home culture and traditions while at MSU. Meeting people from various backgrounds also helps students develop awareness and understanding of other cultures and traditions.
- Ole Miss Scholarships at the University of Mississippi
- Caldwell NCSU Scholarship for International Students
- Tillman Scholarship for Military Veterans and Spouses
- Tulane Scholarships: How to Get One and How They Work