The fully-funded MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University will cover all admission and tuition fees for qualified candidates, as well as an annual stipend of $12,724 at JPY144,000 per month.
Japan’s global reputation for innovation and research is reflected in the fact that nearly 40 of its institutions are ranked among the top 200 universities in the world. Second, Japan is ranked first in Asia’s Top 10 Places to Study Abroad for experiencing a new culture, and second in Asia overall.
This scholarship is given to exceptional international students who have been recommended by Asia Pacific University.
This scholarship is provided by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) to increase international competitiveness and encourage the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) was founded in 1993. Undergraduate and postgraduate programs are available in media, business, engineering, and information technology at the university.
Table of Contents
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is open for undergraduate, masters and doctoral studies. You can apply for this MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University no matter your preferred course of study as long as Asia Pacific University offers the course.
MEXT Scholarship is brought to you by Asia Pacific University, one of the top universities in Asia.
Eligibility for the MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be an international student who is eligible to study in Japan.
- You must be a national of a MEXT-designated country.
- You must have been born on or after April 2, 1988.
- Have a GPA of at least 2.30 on a scale of 3.00 at their most recent university
- Those who are on active military duty or who work for the military at the time of application are ineligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the APU-specified arrival period.
- Applicants cannot have previously received a MEXT scholarship unless they have more than three years of educational research experience following the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Applicants for this scholarship may not apply for another MEXT scholarship.
- While studying at APU, recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for any other scholarship.
- The recipient of this scholarship must have “student” as their visa status in Japan.
To apply for the Asia Pacific University MEXT Scholarship, use the online application system. Visit the “Apply Now” link to create an account on the website and begin your application. Also included is a link to the official advertisement:
Selection Process and Deadline for the MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University
- Submit your APU application by November 16, 2022. (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment is currently unavailable. There are no additional documents required to be considered for this scholarship.
- Asia Pacific University reviews application materials and recommends outstanding candidates to MEXT.
- Applicants who are recommended for this scholarship are notified along with the results of their final APU application.
- Selected applicants complete and return to Asia Pacific University additional MEXT application documents.
- MEXT determines the final scholarship award results.
The scholarship award is listed as follows:
- Zero admission fee
- tuition is paid in full (covered by the Asia Pacific University Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- Monthly living expenses of 144,000 JPY (amount subject to change)
- Air travel in economy class between the home country and APU at the start and end of the program.
Join us on social media, we are ever-present there to keep you up to date. All you need to do is follow. We’ll be glad to meet you there. Don't forget to subscribe!