Lockheed Martin launched the Lockheed Martin Scholarship, a STEM Scholarship Program in 2018 as part of its investment in the next generation of STEM talent. The company is committed to providing all students, particularly those from diverse backgrounds and communities historically underrepresented in STEM fields, access to pathways through education and into the STEM workforce.
Lockheed Martin will provide 200 students with $10,000 scholarships that will be renewable each year. Individuals studying eligible engineering or computer science majors who demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities will be eligible for awards. Applicants must also be willing to be contacted by Lockheed Martin recruitment teams about possible internship opportunities. (Note: To be considered, all interested candidates and scholars must apply through the Lockheed Martin careers site.)
Level/Field of Study
The Lockheed Martin Scholarship is strictly open to first degree students. i.e. students that are vying for their bacherlors degree in a recognised university.
The Lockheed Martin Scholarship was established by Lockheed Martin Corporation. Lockheed Martin Corporation is an aerospace, arms, defense, information security, and technology company based in America.
Requirements and Criteria for the Lockheed Martin Scholarships 2023
- Individuals studying eligible engineering or computer science majors who demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities are eligible for awards.
- The applicant must intend to pursue a four-year degree in a field related to Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics at an accredited institution of higher learning. The applicant may first attend a two-year college to pursue a four-year degree in a field of studies such as Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- The applicant must have maintained a GPA of at least 3.0 throughout their high school career and provide a high school transcript, including first semester grades for their senior year.
- The applicant must have participated in extracurricular activities (clubs, sports, organizations) or community activities (places of worship, community groups) and paid work experience in high school.
- A 500-word essay must accompany this application. The applicant must describe their experiences in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics that led them to pursue this field of study.
- The applicant must provide a recommendation from at least one teacher or employer.
Deadline for the Lockheed Martin Scholarships 2023
The scholarship opens yearly every January and applications runs till April. If you are reading this between the said period and you meet the criteria for the scholarship, you can go and apply.
Application Proccess for the Lockheed Martin Scholarships
If you are eligible, you can apply for the scholarship by visiting Lockhead Martin Scholarships’ website.
Lockheed Martin will provide up to 200 renewable $10,000 each for four years. In addition, as part of this programme, scholarship recipients will be able to apply for Lockheed Martin internship opportunities.
About the Sponsor
Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global aerospace, defense, and information security company headquartered in the United States. In March 1995, Lockheed Corporation merged with Martin Marietta to form the company. Its headquarters is in North Bethesda, Maryland, part of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan Region. Lockheed Martin employed approximately 115,000 employees worldwide, including about 60,000 scientists and engineers, on January 20, 2022.
Lockheed Martin is one of the biggest companies in the aerospace security, military support technology, and military support sector. It is the largest defense contractor by revenue in the fiscal year 2014. In 2013, the company’s revenue was from military sales. It was ranked first among U.S. Federal government contractors and received almost 10 percent of the money that the Pentagon distributed. For 2009, U.S. Government contracts made up $38.4 billion (85 percent), foreign government contracts totaled $5.8 billion (13 percent) commercial and other contracts totaled $990 million (2 %).
Most of the company’s annual revenue is devoted to the U.S. Department of Defense. Lockheed Martin is also a contractor for the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Lockheed Martin operates in four business units: Aeronautics, Missiles and Fire Control (MFC), Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), and Space. The company has been awarded the Collier Trophy six times, in 2001 when it was involved in developing the X-35/F35B LiftFan Propulsion Systems. The most recent award in 2018 was for its Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto-GCAS).
Lockheed Martin oversees the team responsible for developing and implementing technological solutions to the brand new USAF Space Fence (AFSSS replacement) and is the principal contractor in developing the Orion command module. Martin invests in health systems, solar energy, intelligent energy distribution systems, and compact nuclear fusion.
People Also Ask
Does Lockheed Martin Pay for College?
Yes. Our employees are all eligible for education assistance for continuing and graduate education in a business-related field.
Who are STEM students?
STEM is a learning and development approach that integrates science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Students learn essential skills such as problem-solving through STEM.
- Georgia State University GSU Scholarships for International Students
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship for Health Care Students
- How to Get a Full Ride Scholarship for College
- Mike Rowe Scholarship Program