The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship is a fully-sponsored scholarship program available only to American students.
It offers up to $55,000 a year, invaluable college planning assistance, ongoing mentoring, and the unique opportunity to engage with the large Cooke Scholar community.
This scholarship program is exclusively for high-achieving high school seniors who have financial need and want to attend and graduate from the nation’s most prominent four-year institutions and universities.
It is the largest undergraduate scholarship program, providing financial help, full educational guidance, considerable cohort-based programming, and graduate school funding.
In addition, the program fosters a thriving network of nearly 2,800 Cooke Scholars and alumni. The scholarship covers a significant percentage of a student’s educational costs, such as tuition, living expenses, books, and compulsory fees.
The award amount is determined by the student’s tuition and any other grants or scholarships they may get.
About the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation commits to supporting the education of financially disadvantaged and extremely talented kids.
The Cooke Foundation is dedicated to ensuring high-performing, low-income students have the support they need to develop their talents and excel academically by providing the largest scholarships in the country, comprehensive counseling, and other support services to students from grade 7 to graduate school.
In addition to scholarship programs, the Cooke Foundation awards grants to organizations for creative, high-impact student projects.
The Cooke Foundation hopes to use its resources to close the Excellence Gap—the discrepancy between the number of low and high-income kids who achieve at the highest levels of academic achievement.
There is a scholarship for all students in Wisconsin; leverage this opportunity with this link: University of Wisconsin Scholarships for All Students.
What You Need To Know About Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
Here is every detail you need to know about the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship;
Level/Field of Study
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship is available for undergraduate programs in the United States.
Jak Kent Foundation is one of those top NGOs in America passionate about education for the less privileged.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship is strictly for undergraduates in the United States.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship provides the following benefits to its recipients:
- A four-year recognized undergraduate school costs up to $55,000 a year.
- The ability to pursue any field of study
- Personal college counseling and financial aid assistance
- Comprehensive advice on college transition and maximizing the college student experience.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship:
- English is compulsory (as a second language).
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Plan to graduate from a high school in the United States in the spring.
- In the fall of 2024, I intend to enroll at a recognized four-year institution.
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Show unmet financial needs. The foundation will consider a family with an income of up to $95,000. The prior year’s cohort of new college scholarship recipients had a median household income of around $35,000.
- They must be among the top 15% of standardized test scorers. A combined SAT math and critical reading score of 1200 is a must. The ACT composite score must be 26 or higher.
How to Apply For Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
Go to the official website and complete the online application for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship.
Knight-Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University is now open to new applicants. Check the details here: Knight-Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation carefully analyzes each College Scholarship Program application with the assistance of a committee of educational professionals from across the country. The following criteria are necessary in the selection process:
- Academic Ability and Achievement
- Unmet Financial Need
- Academic Ability and Achievement: Applicants must have a solid academic record, exceptional teacher recommendations, a desire to be challenged, and a love for learning. A cumulative unweighted GPA of at least 3.5.
- Leadership: Applicants should be able to motivate others, take initiative, and contribute constructively to the community.
- Persistence: Applicants should be determined when confronted with barriers, goal-oriented, and capable of adapting to change.
- Unmet Financial Need: Applicants earning up to $95,000 annually will be eligible. The previous year’s cohort’s median family income of new college scholarship recipients was approximately $35,000.
The rate of selection for this program is quite high. Those who apply for Cooke College Scholarships are Cooke Young Scholars. The Cooke Foundation selects more than 90% of Cooke Young Scholars for the scholarship.
They can receive an award of around $55,000 per year. The foundation pays for up to four years, depending on the length of the course; this is unquestionably a worthwhile effort to safeguard the future of talented students who face financial challenges.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Deadline
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation deadline is not set. Anyone in their senior year can apply for the program from December to March, and the final results are released in April with the names of those chosen.
Eligible candidates can visit the official website before applying at http://www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/
Are you sure you can afford to go to an Ivy school? Do Ivy League Schools Offer Athletic Scholarships? Find out by clicking this link.
Tips You Need to Win the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship is a prestigious opportunity that supports exceptional students like us who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and financial need.
Firstly, it’s important to focus on maintaining a stellar academic record. Aim for high grades and challenge yourself with rigorous coursework. Show your dedication to learning and intellectual curiosity.
In addition to academics, engage in extracurricular activities that align with your passions and interests. Whether participating in clubs, community service, or pursuing personal projects, showcase your well-roundedness and commitment to making a positive impact.
Crafting a strong application is crucial. Take the time to reflect on your experiences, achievements, and aspirations. Clearly articulate your goals, emphasizing how the scholarship will help you achieve them. Be genuine and highlight the unique qualities that make you stand out.
Demonstrating financial need is an important aspect of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship. Ensure that you provide accurate and comprehensive information about your financial circumstances. Be prepared to submit the necessary financial documentation to support your application.
Lastly, seek guidance and support from your school counselors, teachers, and mentors. They can provide valuable insights, review your application materials, and offer helpful feedback.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship is an incredible opportunity, and your hard work and dedication can make a difference. Believe in yourself, put forth your best efforts, and show the selection committee why you deserve this prestigious scholarship. Good luck on your journey to win the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship.
In addition to scholarship cash, Cooke College Scholars receive college preparation assistance, continuous advising, and the opportunity to network with the greater Cooke Scholar community. The award, the final dollar of money after all institutional aid, can be worth up to $55,000 per year.
GPA – Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher. Show Unmet Financial Need – We will accept applicants with a yearly gross income of up to $95,000. The median household income of last year’s cohort of new College Scholarship awardees was around $34,000.
Other Scholarship Recommendation
- 6 Worldwide Preschool Scholarships for All Students
- 8 Popular Essay Prompts for Scholarships
- 8 Best Scholarships for Low GPA Students
- Doha Institute for Graduate Studies Scholarship for International Students
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship – Complete Guide
- Auburn University Scholarships for International Students