Monash University in Australia is accepting applications for the MRS Queer Leadership Scholarship for International Students. International participants interested in pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at MRS can apply now. Are you thinking about going to Australia to study? The MRS Queer Leadership Scholarship program is a great way to fulfil your dream of studying in Australia.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship program is a bachelor’s or master’s degree program offered by Monash University and is open to both citizens and international students who plan to live at MRS.
The MRS Queer Leadership scholarship is hosted by Monash University. A university in Australia.
Eligibility for the MRS Queer Leadership scholarship
- Enrolled or planning to enrol full-time at a Monash campus in Australia in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- Be a prospective MRS resident or a current MRS resident. For on-campus housing, you must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS).
- By the 30th of October of the previous year, you must have applied for MRS housing.
- Be a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, or queer* (LGBTIQ).
- Interviews will be conducted with those who have been shortlisted.
Requirements to Apply for the MRS Queer Leadership scholarship
- Academic transcripts,
- copy of the passport,
- curriculum vitae, and
- language ability.
If your official language is not English, then TOEFL or IELTS is compulsory.
Requirements to Retain the Scholarship
- Continual participation in MRS LGBTIQA+ inclusion activities is required.
- Recipients must remain enrolled full-time.
- Each semester, recipients must maintain a Weighted Average Mark of 70 (credit average).
- Recipients must maintain Monash Residential Services residency and not violate any current Monash Residential Services Conditions of Residency.
Selection Criteria for the MRS Queer Leadership scholarship
The selection criteria for the MRS Queer Leadership scholarship are based on academic achievement and interview performance, illustrating: a willingness to raise awareness and understanding of issues affecting people of all different genders and sexualities.
Confidence in your ability to share your knowledge and create a change.
How to Apply for the MRS Queer Leadership scholarship
Apply for the MRS Queer Leadership scholarship using the application form here.
- Fully funded Scholarship: MRS will pay $350 per month in rental discounts for a total of ten months (February to November).
- Partially funded Scholarship: MRS will pay $175 per month in rental discounts for a total of ten months (February to November).
2 applicants have a chance to win this scholarship every year.
This scholarship is non-transferable. And Can be combined with another housing scholarship as long as the total amount does not exceed the rent.
Deadline for the MRS Queer Leadership scholarship
MRS Queer Leadership scholarship Applications are open from 1st December to 31st January.
At Monash University, you can choose from a variety of degree-level courses at this university. It provides a lively learning environment as well as financial assistance to those who require it.
Monash Residential Services (MRS) on-campus housing caters to a diverse community (60+ nationalities), with residents representing cultures, religions, races, and beliefs from all over the world. MRS is committed to maintaining LGBTIQ inclusivity within these diverse communities, which house over 3000 students.
This MRS Queer Leadership scholarship will provide students of various genders and sexualities with the financial means to live on campus at MRS, in a community that is accepting and respectful of their differences.