With an acceptance rate of only 18%, Harvey Mudd College is among the most selective institutions in the nation.
Do your best to submit an outstanding application because you might not be admitted to a school even with excellent grades and test scores.
The student-faculty ratio determines the number of educational resources that a college or university offers its students.
Harvey Mudd College’s ratio is much better than the 8 to 1 national average of 15 to 1.
This is good news for students who want to develop a stronger personal relationship with their professors.
What to know about Harvey Mudd
Harvey Mudd College is the best liberal arts school for engineering, science, and mathematics.
Harvey Mudd has been on a mission to train the next generation of scientists, engineers, and mathematicians, focusing on general science education since its founding in 1955.
In addition to a top-notch technical education, the College gives its students a solid academic grounding in the humanities and social sciences.
The fact that Harvey Mudd is a part of the Claremont Colleges Consortium, which also includes Pomona, Scripps, Claremont McKenna, and Pitzer Colleges, further distinguishes it from other colleges.
At schools that are close to one another, students can cross-register. Integration of research is a crucial part of Harvey Mudd’s education.
All graduates have some experience conducting research, and 40% of them earn doctorates, the highest percentage of any school in the nation.
What is Harvey Mudd’s Acceptance Rate in 2023?
With an average acceptance rate of 14%, Harvey Mudd College has the eighth-lowest acceptance rate among California’s colleges.
Since most applicants to Harvey Mudd College graduate in the top 1% of their class, there are unquestionably high-grade requirements for admission.
Of course, having excellent grades and test results alone won’t guarantee a student’s admission.
In addition to their stellar grades, applicants to Harvey Mudd College should highlight their understanding of STEM, the arts, and humanities and their ability to work well with others.
Harvey Mudd College’s acceptance rate is 18%, making it a highly competitive institution. In the last academic year, 905 students studied at the university.
Harvey Mudd College offers more than 20 majors across its seven faculties. The university offers its students only undergraduate programs.
One thing that is very important when it comes to choosing the right school for you is to make sure that you end up at a school that offers great programs and majors that you are interested in.
After all, it won’t help much if you’re at a great school known for its English program, but you’re interested in majoring in economics.
Engineering, computer and information sciences, physical sciences, multi/interdisciplinary research, and biological and biomedical sciences are some of Harvey Mudd’s most well-liked majors.
What is Harvey Mudd’s Transfer Acceptance Rate in 2023?
The acceptance rate for transfers at Harvey Mudd is 14.5%. Only 15 out of every 100 applicants are accepted.
This demonstrates how rigorously selective the school is.
It’s crucial to meet the GPA and SAT/ACT requirements to pass the initial screening process and demonstrate your academic readiness.
Your chances of being admitted are almost nonexistent if you don’t live up to their standards.
After you pass that test, you’ll need to wow the readers of Harvey Mudd with your extracurricular activities, essays, and letters of recommendation.
Is Harvey Mudd Hard to get into?
Harvey Mudd is a prestigious liberal arts college with a 25% acceptance rate, making it very difficult to get into.
The admissions office at the school is looking for motivated students, especially those who have taken difficult high school courses and achieved excellent grades in math and science.
An applicant’s academic background, which includes GPA and curriculum rigor, references, essays, and personal qualities, is considered.
Standardized test results, extracurricular involvement, and class standing of a prospective student are less significant.
In addition, Harvey Mudd considers the applicant’s level of interest in the school, relationships with alumni, place of residence, ethnicity, volunteer work, work experience, and interview skills.
It also looks into whether the applicant is a first-generation college student.
Does Harvey Mudd Require Test Scores in 2023?
Standardized testing requirements vary from school to school.
The SAT or ACT are typically required; many schools also demand SAT subject tests. To apply to Harvey Mudd, you must take the SAT or ACT.
More importantly, a strong application requires achievement.
Harvey Mudd’s SAT Requirements
On a scale of 1600, Harvey Mudd’s cumulative SAT score average is 1530.
Harvey Mudd is now very competitive for SAT scores, thanks to this score.
The New SAT’s 25th percentile score is 1490, and its 75th percentile is 1560.
In other words, if you get 1490 on the New SAT, you’re below average; if you get 1560, you’re above average.
Your testing strategy should take into account your school’s scoring guidelines.
The “All Results” point selection policy at Harvey Mudd is in place. This implies that Harvey Mudd requires you to send them a copy of every SAT score you’ve ever taken.
Most schools don’t count your scores equally, which may sound frightening.
For instance, receiving 1300 on one test and 1500 on another will not be averaged across the two tests.
Harvey Mudd’s ACT Requirements
At Harvey Mudd, the typical ACT score is 35. Harvey Mudd is very competitive for ACT scores with this score.
The ACT 25th percentile and 75th percentile scores are both 34.
Harvey Mudd may claim they don’t have a minimum ACT requirement. Still, unless you have something else extremely impressive on your application, you will likely have difficulty getting in if you apply with a 34 or lower.
Since so many applicants received scores of 35 or higher, 34 will appear to be a weak academic performance.
It significantly impacts your test-taking strategy to take the ACT rather than the SAT because you have a huge advantage in how you submit your scores.
What are the Admission Requirements for Harvey Mudd
Only undergraduate courses are available for study at Harvey Mudd in the US. What you should know before enrolling in these courses is provided below.
- Common Application | Coalition applications, the application portal
- Cost of application: $70
- completed the survey.
- Official transcripts attest to college, university, or other educational institution attendance.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Individual statement
- uniform tests for academic study in the USA.
- English language proficiency is needed.
With a 14% acceptance rate, Harvey Mudd College is very selective in its admissions process.
The college requires three letters of recommendation, including two academic references and one from a guidance counselor.
Although getting into Harvey Mudd may seem challenging, the high caliber of instruction and demand for the school’s courses more than compensate.
Transfer Requirements for Harvey Mudd
- Coalition applications or joint applications. A personal essay is required for all applications. It was unclear to Harvey Mudd which of the two programs he preferred.
- $70 is the application or waiver fee. People who prove a need for financial assistance are eligible for fee waivers. Use the Common Application or Coalition Application to apply for a fee waiver. The application platform might ask your consultant to fill out a payment waiver form to confirm your request. Fee exemptions from the ACT, College Board, and NACAC are also accepted.
- More text is necessary. There is a second essay and a quick response to write outlining:
- What motivated you to apply to Harvey Mudd College? What topics in the HMC curriculum and neighborhood pique your interest? (500 maximum words)
- Because they don’t want to give up their love of the humanities, social sciences, and arts, many students enroll at HMC (or HSA as we call it at HMC). Describe briefly what you hope to learn in the ideal HSA class. (100 words most)
- Interim analysis. If you are registered, you must fill out this form, including your midterm results and instructor feedback. You do not need to complete this form if you are not taking classes in the spring semester.
- Transfer/College Report. A counselor, student dean, or registrar must complete it.
- Two ideas are suggested. A math or science teacher.+ College instructors.
- A professor of humanities or social sciences.
- Certified copy of your most recent college or university transcript. Harvey requires your college or university transcripts from any institutions you have attended.
- Official high school transcript of grades. Official transcripts from any additional high schools you may have attended are also necessary.
What GPA do you need to get into Harvey Mudd?
Aim for the 75th percentile with a 1560 SAT or a 35 ACT to have the best chance of admission. You also need to have a GPA of 4.17 or better. If your GPA is lower, you must make up the difference with a better SAT/ACT score.
You must earn close to As in all your classes to compete with other applicants.
To demonstrate that college-level academics are simple, you must also enroll in challenging classes like AP or IB courses.
Changing your GPA in time for college can be challenging if you are a junior or senior.
You will need a higher SAT or ACT score to make up for a GPA that is at or below the 4.17 high school GPA.
Thanks to this, you will be better able to compete with applicants with higher GPAs than yours.
How to Apply to Harvey Mudd
Harvey Mudd College accepts applications from out-of-country students via the Coalition Program and the Common Application Portal. Students must complete the procedures listed below to apply to Harvey Mudd College:
- Create an international application for Harvey Mudd College by logging into the General Applications section.
- Payment of the application fees
- Complete the application and submit it for review.
- Upload all necessary supporting materials.
- As soon as your application is accepted, print the acceptance letters.
- You must confirm acceptance of the offer before you can confirm payment.
Lastly, make sure your data is accurate.
Note. There is a $100 application fee for Harvey Mudd College.
Common and Coalition Programs Portal.
Alternative to Harvey Mudd
- Boston college, chestnut hills
- Drexel University, Pennsylvania
- Lafayette College, Easton
- Buckner University, Lewisburg
- Haverford College, Pennsylvania
Frequently Asked Questions
The freshman retention rate at Harvey Mudd College is 92%.
This indicates that full-time students like the institution and their instructors enough to want to continue attending for another year.
Additionally, it shows that the admissions committee did a good job choosing candidates who would fit in well at the institution.
For those pursuing a bachelor’s degree, the average time to graduation is four years.
The first-time, full-time student retention rate at Harvey Mudd College is 85%, higher than the 33.3% national average.
Average starting salaries and post-graduation employment rates can offer crucial hints about the worth of a degree at a specific institution.
68% of graduates receive at least one full-time job offer within six months of graduation.
Recent Harvey Mudd College graduates earn an average starting salary of $112,500 annually.
The average starting salary varies by discipline, but it was roughly $60,000 annually for all 2021 graduates.
Since Harvey Mudd College is a private institution that focuses on studying science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, a genuine passion for these subjects is a requirement for admission.
Harvey Mudd students won’t be able to thrive and develop to their full potential without a commitment to the difficulties these fields bring, both inside and outside the classroom.
The acceptance rate for Harvey Mudd College is 18%, making it more selective.
The average SAT or ACT score of the admitted students to Harvey Mudd College was 1490 to 1570 or 34 to 35, respectively.
But only one-fourth of those chosen for interviews scored in these ranges, while the other one-fourth did not.
The application deadline and fee for Harvey Mudd College are January 5 and $70, respectively.
The GPA of a candidate is a crucial academic consideration for Harvey Mudd College admissions officers.
- Amherst Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- Stanford Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Oklahoma Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions