The Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship for 2023 is currently open to qualified overseas students.
The Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship will pay the whole tuition, living stipends, visa fees, and air ticket charges return to the recipient’s home country.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) are sponsoring a scholarship for international students from 180 countries to study for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in Mexico.
The Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation, on behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, invites foreigners interested in studying in Mexico at the speciality, master’s, doctorate, and postgraduate research levels, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate student mobility programs, to participate in the Call for Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners 2023.
The Call is extended to over 180 countries through bilateral agreements, multilateral procedures, and special arrangements. This Call is supported by more than 70 Mexican Higher Education Institutions (IES), all of which have academic programs registered in the National Postgraduate System of the National Council of Science and Technology. These programs attest to the country’s success in several fields of science and humanities.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate (masters and PhD) studies. There are no restrictions as to the course of study.
This scholarship is brought to you by the Mexican government.
Eligibility for the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship
To apply for the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship and be considered for it, you must
- Be an international student who does not reside in Mexico.
- Be intellectually outstanding.
- Meet the requirements of the program you’re interested in.
- Have a strong academic background in related fields.
Requirements to Apply for the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship
You must be prepared to submit the following documents to apply;
- Completed and signed scholarship application form
- A letter outlining your motivation for doing studies or research in Mexico. (Letter Arial size 12 with single line spacing, maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (CV). (Arial font size 12, single line spacing, maximum 3 pages)
- Academic acceptance letter from the Mexican university or answer from the HEI to the admission application (see Requirements section of the acceptance letter).
- Letter of intent to return to one’s home country.
- Acceptance letter for the Call’s terms. A copy of the birth certificate is required.
A colour copy of a valid passport in open book format, or a government-issued photo ID
- Copy of a medical certificate obtained by a public or private health institution within 3 (three) months of the application presentation, indicating that the Applicant is in good health.
- In circumstances where Spanish is not the applicant’s mother tongue, a copy of proof of advanced knowledge of the Spanish language is provided by any institution or educational facility for its accreditation, which guarantees a most minor level of B2, within the Common Framework European Reference, must be submitted. Letter in which the applicant states, under protest, that the information provided is correct.
- All documents and paperwork must be in Spanish or translated into Spanish.
- The SIGCA portal will remain open for applications between June 20, at 6:00 p.m., and July 24, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Central Mexico time. This requires that the documentation be attached by the System and the scholarship to which you are applying guidelines.
- Only one person will be allowed because the request is made in a personal capacity. application and registration for each individual
- Applicants with multiple nationalities may submit a single application, which must correspond to one of the qualifying nations listed in this Call. It must be submitted by the nationality with which the applicant will be accredited.
- Only applications for scholarships will be considered within the scope of this Announcement’s academic offer.
Candidates interested and qualified should begin their application by clicking on the button below.
The Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program for international students in Mexico. The scholarship will cover all of the costs associated with studying in Mexico.
Scholarship offer covers;
- Tuition fees
- Living Stipends
- Visa and Travel costs
- Medical Insurance
- Inner-city Transport
Deadline for the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship
Application to apply for the Government of Mexico Excellence Scholarship is set to close on 24th July.