The 2022 Google Lime Scholarship is designed to inspire and help students with overcoming barriers to pursuing careers in computing and technology.
Google partnered with Lime Connect, a nonprofit that assists students with disabilities in their pursuit of education and possible jobs, to assist university students with disabilities in reaching their academic goals in the field of computer science. Depending on where they study, selected students will get 5,000 CAD or 10,000 USD during the current academic year.
Lime doesn’t want anything to get in the way of promising academics pursuing higher education. As a result, Google has been happy to support Lime Connect’s work since 2008. Google is dedicated to assisting future innovators in making the most of their abilities by providing scholarships and networking getaways for computer science students with disabilities.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open to computer science or IT students at all levels of study. If you are eligible, do well to enrol.
The scholarship is hosted by Lime and Google both organisations are based in the United States.
Eligibility for Google Lime Scholarship
- A current undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student enrolled at a university in the United States or Canada (freshmen/first-year students and international students studying in the United States or Canada are also eligible to apply); and
- Continuing current studies or planning to enrol or be accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the United States or Canada
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related technological subject (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a high level of academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible handicap (defined as someone who has, or believes they have, a long-term or recurring condition that affects one or more major activities that others may regard to be a daily function); this definition also includes others’ belief that a disability exists. 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and we urge people with all disabilities to apply.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to and love for computer science and technology.
- Unfortunately, previous Google Lime Scholars will not be considered.
- Current high school students are not eligible for this grant.
Please keep in mind that scholarship recipients must be full-time students for the current academic year. After the winners are chosen, their enrollment will be verified, and all scholarship payments will be delivered directly to the student to be used toward tuition and education-related expenditures. Lime will withhold the award from any scholar who no longer fulfils the eligibility standards, and will revoke the award from any scholar who fails to meet the eligibility conditions. On a case-by-case basis, recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of initially planned payment, as determined by Google.
Requirements to Apply for Google Lime Scholarship
The following documents are required for the Google Lime Scholarship
- contact, education, and experience
- Unofficial transcripts and current resume
- Three essays – this is your chance to show your enthusiasm for computer science.
- One recommendation letter from a professor, adviser, or supervisor (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
Deadline for Google Lime Scholarship
The deadline varies. The deadline is always stated anytime the portal is open.
Google Lime Scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic credentials and shown interest in computer science – $10,000 for US students and $5,000 for Canadian students (based on tuition costs).
How to Apply for Google Lime Scholarship
You can apply for the Google Lime Scholarship once the application is open by logging into or joining The Lime Network.
The 2022 Google Lime Scholarship recipients will each get a scholarship for the academic year. Scholars will also be invited to a Google Lime Scholars conference in the Summer of 2022 and will be considered for internship possibilities with Google during that summer. Scholarships will be offered based on the strength of candidates’ academic backgrounds and a demonstrated passion for computer science – $10,000 for students in the United States and $5,000 for students in Canada (based on tuition costs).