The Georgia Tech Gold Scholarship is awarded each year to the top 2% of high school seniors from throughout the country who enrol at Georgia Tech. Selected scholars exhibit academic proficiency, a strong moral compass, and a willingness to make a significant influence on technology and society through collaborative efforts. Recipients are chosen based on their overall excellence and promise in the four pillars of the program: Scholarship, Leadership, Progress, and Service.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is designed for undergraduate studies. Notwithstanding your choice of course of study, Georgia Tech Gold Scholarship is a scholarship opportunity for you to leverage on and further your education.
This scholarship is funded by Georgia Tech via the Office of Special Scholarships. Georgia Tech is an accredited university in the United States.
Criteria for Georgia Tech Gold Scholarship
Georgia’s four program pillars of scholarship, leadership, advancement, and service serve as the guiding factors for determining which candidates move in the selection process. The school carefully examine the Georgia Tech admission application, including essays and activity descriptions, to identify the most qualified applicants admitted to the Institute based on all four pillars.
No one pillar is more vital than the others. A perfect test score, for example, is not regarded as superior to great leadership. The school sometimes, pick kids who are not as well-rounded but are particularly great in one pillar. For instance, someone with the potential to become a Nobel Laureate.
- Outside Classroom
- are imaginative, inquisitive problem solvers capable of critical thinking
- wish to learn about one or more areas that are not related to their field
- show intellectual engagement outside of the classroom
- Inside Classroom
- take a tough course load (for school) and get primarily A’s; attain a good GPA and typically place in the top 5-10% (weighted when available)
- Higher test scores may improve an applicant’s application when reported, but unreported results due to Covid interruptions will not.
- influence leaves a distinct impression footprint
- are global citizens with outstanding communication skills
- take the lead and show a strong personality
- inspire others to accomplish remarkable results
- make a substantial contribution to schools and communities by enhancing
- existing organizations or establishing new ones, whether with or without an official title
- act with passion, purpose, and enthusiasm, particularly when it comes to technology and/or societal advancement
- demonstrate persistent participation in activities
- exhibit progress from beginning to end
- advancing groups or organizations through facilitating collaboration or teamwork
- demonstrate grit or endurance in the face of adversity OR by overcoming barriers that prevent the achievement of key goals
- Volunteering and public service allow you to put your time and talents to good use.
- coach, tutor, or mentor
- carry out charitable work
- Consider others when making a decision.
- have a strong desire to assist others
Required Supporting Documents to Apply for Georgia Tech Gold Scholarship
Describe your extracurricular activities in detail, and compose an essay that is both impactful and relevant. These are important considerations in the evaluation of your admission application for the Gold Scholars and Stamps President’s Scholars Programs.
The program will not accept any extra content. Each student’s Georgia Tech entrance application is the only thing that counts.
Please see the following websites for more information on what our program looks for in essays and extracurricular involvement:
Deadline for the Georgia Tech Gold Scholarship
Potential first-year students must apply for admission to Georgia Tech by the early action deadline to be considered for the Gold Scholars Program. The deadline for Georgia citizens is October 18, 2023, and the deadline for non-Georgia residents is November 1, 2023. There is no other application utilized to choose semifinalists.
Application Process for the Georgia Tech Gold Scholarship
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship. All you need to do is to apply for the Georgia Tech Gold scholarship at the university.
Every year, around 20,000 high school seniors apply for admission by the early action deadline; 325 of those will be chosen as semifinalists in December (Georgia residents) and mid-January (non-GA residents). A virtual interview will be held for the semifinalist pool. All semifinalists must provide further paperwork, including a resume.
In late January (for Georgia residents) and early February (for non-GA residents), around 100 finalists will be identified and asked to participate in Scholars Weekend, a two-day on-campus event taking place March 11-12, 2023. From that group, 40 Stamps President’s Scholars and 60 Gold Scholars will be chosen.
- Financial aid for up to eight semesters.
- A tuition and fees scholarship for Georgia citizens, worth around $12,500 a year*.
- Tuition Waiver for out-of-state students (worth roughly $21,000 annually and bringing costs down to the in-state rate).
- Retreats that emphasized the development of scholars as Georgia Tech and global citizens.
- A Tech Trek prior to enrollment (offered by Outdoor Recreation Georgia Tech).
- Entry to exclusive dinners, receptions, and dinners with renowned speakers.
- Participation in a tight-knit student community that offers peer mentoring and staff assistance.
- Specialized mentoring from qualified employees in the Office of Special Scholarships, such as assistance with applications for esteemed national fellowships.