The Foot Locker Scholarship program recognizes student-athletes who have high academic ability as well as strong leadership qualities in sports, schools, and communities. Applicants must currently participate in high school, intramural, or community-based sports. They must also be citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States. Follow the scholarship website for more information (such as gaining access to the application portal link) or contact the Foot Locker staff for assistance.
Applicants are evaluated based on their potential as a Foot Locker Scholar Athlete. Proactive, highly motivated, motivating, charismatic, honest, trustworthy, sincere, strong, and courageous applicants would be perfect. Furthermore, promising applicants demonstrate high sportsmanship, and moral character, are passionate/committed to uplifting their community, are confident and enthusiastic leaders, come from different backgrounds, and demonstrate academic excellence.
Level/Field of Study
The Foot Locker Scholarship is meant for eligible undergraduates vying to further their education in college.
The scholarship is funded by the Foot Locker Foundation.
The Foot Locker Foundation, founded in 2001, is the charity arm of Foot Locker, Inc., which leads the global celebration of sneakers and young culture through a portfolio of brands that includes Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Champs Sports, Eastbay, atmos, WSS, Footaction, and Sidestep. The Company’s purpose is to inspire and empower youth culture around the world by fueling a shared passion for self-expression and creating unrivalled experiences at the heart of the global sneaker community, with approximately 2,900 retail stores in 28 countries across North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand, as well as websites and mobile apps. The corporate headquarters of Foot Locker, Inc. are in New York. Please visit https://www.footlocker-inc.com for more information.
Criteria for Foot Locker Scholarship
Applicants must be working part-time or full-time by Foot Locker Inc. to be eligible for this scholarship (note: applicants cannot be children of employees). In addition, applicants must:
- Be a Foot Locker, Inc. employee for at least 6 months as of the date of application;
- In the Fall of 2022, be interested in enrolling as a part-time or full-time student in a certificate, undergraduate, or graduate degree program at a recognized community college, two-year, or four-year institution/university;
- Show personal, people, and business passion, and most importantly, “enjoy the game.” Even if you are not currently involved in sports, you have a strong desire to work hard and lead any team you are a part of to victory.
- Work for Foot Locker, Inc. both during the application process and when the scholarship is awarded.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (if presently enrolled);
- You must be a US citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship if you win).
Deadline for the Foot Locker Scholarship
The deadline for his scholarship is 19th February 2022.
Applicants will be evaluated depending on whether they:
- Demonstrate a strong moral character: Scholarship for Associates Recipients are trusted and respected members of their workplaces, schools, and communities, and they have developed long-lasting relationships with coworkers, students, and community members.
- Are self-assured and passionate leaders: They are passionate leaders who take on problems for the greater good and dedicate themselves to their passions and causes.
- Are dedicated to studying and striving for greatness: Associate Scholarship at Foot Locker Recipients are intellectually curious, have strong academic ambitions, and excel in their career and/or study.
- Are passionate about giving back to their community and team: They are dedicated to improving the lives of others and the success of those around them through volunteerism or other forms of involvement in their communities.
- Come from a variety of backgrounds: Foot Locker Associate Scholarship recipients come from diverse backgrounds, have diverse academic goals, and participate in a variety of sports.
- Demonstrate Foot Locker’s ideals: Associate Scholarship at Foot Locker Recipients embody our Company’s seven key principles – Integrity, Leadership, Excellence, Service, Teamwork, Innovation, and Community – and show great love for what they accomplish on a daily basis:
- Personal Passion – A strong desire to grow as a leader and realize one’s full potential.
- People Passion – A desire to grow and contribute to others, the team, and the organization.
- Business Passion – A desire to grow the business and achieve goals both now and in the future.
Application Process for the Foot Locker Scholarship
Begin your application for the scholarship by clicking the button below;
Thirty Foot Locker Scholarship awardees will each get a $5,000 one-time scholarship for their unique passion and “love for the game.” In addition, one of the thirty recipients will be chosen to receive the Ken C. Hicks Scholarship, named after the previous Chairman and CEO. This recipient must have exceptional academic success, remarkable leadership, and a genuine passion for the game. This winner will get a $5,000 bonus (for a total of $10,000).
The Foot Locker Scholarship program provides college scholarships worth $20,000 to 20 (yes, 20!) outstanding young athletes. These athletes have great intellectual abilities as well as strong leadership qualities in sports, school, and their communities.
The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes award can be used to pay for tuition, fees, and essential supplies at the winner’s accredited four-year college or institution. Throughout the winner’s four-year academic career, the $20,000 scholarship will be distributed in four equal annual instalments of $5,000
The Foot Locker Associate Scholarship can be used to pay for tuition, fees, and supplies at an accredited community college, two-year, or four-year college/university for a certificate, undergraduate, or graduate degree.