ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship for Undergraduate Nigerian Students | How to Apply

ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship is here for Nigerians. We shall provide any interested individual with information on how to apply for and register for the ExxonMobil Scholarship. The online form is open for various positions with offshore recruitment needs.

The application requirements and processes are all detailed here, so make sure to read them carefully. ExxonMobil Scholarship is a terrific chance for people who need it.

Most importantly, the benefit of the ExxonMobil Scholarship is that you can choose any country and ensure you complete your needed facts as accurately as possible. Our team is always available to keep you updated.

About the ExxonMobil Engineering

ExxonMobil is Nigeria’s second-largest crude oil producer, with offshore oil output. Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) started shallow water activities in 1955 and now controls over 90 platforms and 300 producing wells spread across 3,200 square kilometers (1,200 square miles; 790,000 acres).

ExxonMobil has deepwater production in Nigeria as well. Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) has stakes in the Erha, Usan, and Bonga projects.

ExxonMobil collaborates with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (later renamed NNPC Limited). The company is based in Nigeria’s Akwa Ibom State.

ExxonMobil was negotiating a deal to sell all its shallow water assets (MPN) to Seplat in August 2022 for $1.3 billion to $1.6 billion, subject to regulatory approval.

However, the transaction was called into question in August 2022 as Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Bahari, “withdrew his support for the sale less than three days after approving it.”

What You Need To Know About The ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship

The ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship is open to Nigerians. Here is all you need to know about the scholarship.

READ ALSO:  Scholarships for African youth to study at the EuroMed University of Fes in Morocco in 2021.

Level/Field of Study

Undergraduate students at Nigerian universities are eligible for the Exxon Mobil Nigeria undergraduate scholarship.

The awards currently include nine approved subjects and are based solely on merit as judged by the candidates’ academic records, conduct, and performance in the selection examinations.

THe scholarship board will consider the ExxonMobil Engineering scholarship Applications in the following authorized disciplines:

  1. Petroleum Engineering
  2. Chemical Engineering
  3. Mechanical Engineering
  4. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
  5. Civil Engineering
  6. Geology/Geophysics
  7. Medicine (MBBS Only)
  8. Agricultural Science (And related fields)
  9. Computer Science

Host Nationality

ExxonMobil is one of the world’s leading oil and gas firms; The company has its head office in Irving, Texas, United States.

Eligible Nationality

The ExxonMobil Engineering scholarship is a Nigerian scholarship open to Nigerians only. If you are a Nigerian reading this content, check eligibility and apply for the scholarship.

Scholarship Benefits

The core engineering and geosciences disciplines 60% of the scholarship grants under the program, and the remaining 40% are given to medical (MBBS), computer, agricultural, and allied courses.

Students who are natives of the operational communities or states receive sixty-two percent (62%) of the total scholarship awards; this includes Akwa Ibom State, which receives fifty percent (50%) of the reward, and Rivers State, which receives twelve percent (12%) of the award.

Duration of the ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship

Awards will be given to qualified and suitable students currently enrolled in Nigerian universities, regardless of their State of origin, including the Federal Capital Territory.

A merit award of 10% is also for the top 50 candidates in the selection examinations. The remaining spots are for students from other states, including the FCT, based on merit and geographical distribution.

Engineering disciplines (Petroleum Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics, and Civil), Geology, Geophysics, Medicine, Agricultural Science, and related fields, as well as Computer Science, are eligible for scholarship prizes.

The scholarship awards are originally for one academic year and are renewable for the duration of the approved study, based on the recipients’ academic achievement and relevant institutional reports.

READ ALSO:  Roskilde University Scholarships - Denmark

The ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship Eligibility

To be eligible to apply, prospective applicants must meet all the following requirements.

  1. Be a holder of the SSCE or its equivalent, with at least six topics passed in a single sitting.
  2. Applicants must be full-time undergraduates in their first or second year at a Nigerian university.
  3. Students already receiving equivalent scholarship prizes from other oil and gas corporations are not eligible to apply.
  4. Employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc, and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited, as well as their dependents, are not eligible for this scholarship.

Required Documents

The following documents are required for you to complete your scholarship application.

  • Passport photograph with white background not more than three months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
  • Current University ID card
  • Admission letter
  • Birth certificate
  • O’ Level result
  • JAMB Result
  • SSCE result or its equivalent
  • Evidence of State of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary.

How to Apply For ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship

Go to https://portal.exxonmobil.com/ to access the Application Portal.

Then proceed to complete the remaining registration procedures.

All candidates should be aware that duplicate applications will not be considered.

Candidates should only apply for one job.

Candidates who apply multiple times will have their applications dismissed.

There is no price for the online application, test, or interview.

ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship Application Deadline

Candidates should remember that all applications must be updated in the application form.

The ExxonMobil Scholarship administration system will choose students invited to computer-administered qualifying tests at various examination centers nationwide.

Candidates shortlisted for the qualifying test will be invited via email and SMS.

Note: All candidates are urged to ensure that their GSM phone numbers and personal email addresses are correctly typed into the website’s e-forms.

FAQ

How to apply for an ExxonMobil scholarship?
READ ALSO:  Barcelona School of Economics Awards Scholarship to High-Achieving Students

The Exxon-Mobil scholarship application is only available online via the Exxon-Mobile online application form on the Mobil application page. If you are qualified and interested, please fill out and submit the form on their website.

How much is ExxonMobil Nigeria’s graduate trainee salary?

A Graduate Trainee at ExxonMobil can expect to earn NGN 100,000 per month. This figure indicates the median, the midpoint of the salary ranges calculated by our proprietary Total Pay Estimate algorithm and based on data from our users. The monthly base salary is projected to be NGN 100,000.

Summary

The ExxonMobil Engineering scholarship is now available for interested individuals seeking financial support for their education. The scholarship offers various positions with offshore recruitment needs and allows applicants to choose any country for their studies.

ExxonMobil, Nigeria’s second-largest crude oil producer, established the scholarship to support undergraduate students in nine approved disciplines at Nigerian universities.

The scholarship benefits core engineering and geosciences disciplines with 60% of the grants and medical, computer, agricultural, and allied courses with the remaining 40%.

Students from operational communities or states receive 62% of the total awards, with Akwa Ibom State receiving 50% and Rivers State receiving 12%.

Applicants must hold an SSCE or its equivalent, be full-time undergraduates in their first or second year at a Nigerian university, and not receive similar scholarships from other oil and gas corporations. Employees of specified companies and their dependents are also ineligible.

To apply, candidates must submit various documents, including a passport photograph, university ID card, admission letter, birth certificate, O’ Level result, JAMB Result, and evidence of State of origin.

The application process involves accessing the application portal, completing registration procedures, and ensuring no duplicate applications are submitted.

The scholarship awards are initially for one academic year but are renewable based on recipients’ academic achievements and institutional reports.

The ExxonMobil Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for Nigerian students pursuing specific disciplines to receive financial assistance and achieve their educational goals.

References

Other Scholarship Recommendation

Leave a Comment