The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for Indiana residents who wish to pursue a full-time undergraduate degree at any Indiana public or private college or university up to full tuition and required fees, as well as an accommodation cost of $900 per annum. The scholarship is based on the student’s academic record, community service, leadership, and financial need.
The scholarship is renewable for four years of full-time undergraduate study, provided the recipient continues to reside in Indiana and maintains satisfactory academic progress.
Lilly awards scholarships every year to interested citizens. Here we go with the list of the most recent grant receiver.
Table of Contents
Eligibility to Qualify for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program
The following are the criteria to qualify for the scholarship:
- Obtain a diploma from an officially recognized high school in Allen County during the 2021-22 academic year.
- Completing the Indiana Core 40 degree program or higher is required.
- Have applied to a full-time bachelor’s degree program at an officially recognized public or private college or university in Indiana by the start of the fall 2022 semester.
- Submit a copy of the applicant’s and the applicant’s parents/guardians’ recent income tax returns or W2 forms.
- Preference will be given to students who are the first in their families to attend college.
- You are not eligible If you are related to a member of the board of Directors at Lilly.
Requirements for the Lilly Scholarship
The following are required documents needed to apply for this scholarship:
- Diploma from a recognized high school in Allen County.
- Result of the Indiana Core 40 degree program or higher.
- Application or preferably admission letter from any recognized public or private college or university in Indiana by the start of the fall 2022.
- You or your parents/guardians’ recent income tax returns or W2 forms.
- ID card, preferably driver’s license International Passport if available
The process of selecting finalists for the scholarship depends on the following
- Academic Achievement and Preparations
- Activities, Leadership, Volunteerism,
- Essay Responses
Applicants will be mandated to write an essay about themselves and their career goals. And an essay about oneself and one temperament.
Successful applicants are invited for interviews before their names are published.
To commence the application, visit your local authority. You can see a list of all county foundations here.
When classes resume in August, each high school will announce its scholarship deadline to all interested students. Students should check with their high school guidance counsellor for the deadline. Details about the scholarship application can be obtained by contacting your high school guidance counsellor.
High schools must submit applications to the Lilly Endowment Community Foundation by September.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program aims to improve Indiana’s academic accomplishment, promote awareness of the positive roles that community foundations can play in their communities, and support Lilly Endowment Community Scholars to collaborate and state leaders to improve the quality of life in Indiana.
The Endowment understands that education at all levels is essential to Indiana citizens’ and communities’ development. This initiative focuses on promoting many of Indiana’s brightest students to enrol in one of the state’s top universities and, as a result, pursue professions in the state.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a great opportunity for Indiana residents who wish to pursue a college education. If you are eligible, be sure to apply!
The Hendricks County Community Foundation is pleased to announce that it is now open to accepting applications for its amazing scholarship opportunities for locals.
Join us on social media, we are ever-present there to keep you up to date. All you need to do is follow. We’ll be glad to meet you there. Don't forget to subscribe!