Curtin International Merit Scholarship: Curtin University strives to provide high-achieving students from all over the world with the opportunity to pursue their dreams while receiving a world-class education. Curtin welcomes eligible students with citizenship in any country other than Australia through the Merit scholarship. This scholarship category provides eligible students with a 25% discount on their first year of tuition. Curtin University recognizes the significance of being one of Australia’s most multicultural university campuses, and this scholarship aims to increase students’ trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place to further their studies, careers, and life experiences.
Level/Field of Study
The Curtin International Merit Scholarship is designed for both undergraduate and
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
The Curtin International Merit Scholarship is supported by Curtin University for international students.
Eligibility for Curtin International Merit Scholarship
The Curtin International Merit Scholarship
- International, fee-paying, non-sponsored students from any country other than Australia
- In 2024, students will begin their studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses for the first time.
- Students beginning a full-time Curtin undergraduate or master’s program by coursework
Enrolment Requirements to Apply for Curtin International Merit Scholarship
To keep the scholarship from being revoked, the recipient must:
- Unless approved by Curtin International, students must remain enrolled in their initial course and major of study.
- Each semester or study period, a full-time enrollment of 100 credit points is required.
- Cannot violate the scholarship terms outlined in their acceptance letter.
- They are not permitted to take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study.
- Studies cannot be discontinued.
- Must follow Curtin’s policies and procedures, as well as the Student Charter, and not be found guilty of serious misconduct.
Deadline for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship
The deadline for Curtin International Merit Scholarship is 15th October 2024.
How to Apply for Curtin International Merit Scholarship
There is no need to submit a separate scholarship application. Students may apply for the Curtin course through one of Curtin University’s registered education agents or directly to Curtin online.
Curtin automatically considers all qualified applications for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship. The Admissions Office will evaluate each application and send a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether or not the applicant has been accepted.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any of the conditions outlined in their Letter of Offer.
- Have met or surpassed the higher academic cut-off set by Curtin for this scholarship.
- Pay the suggested deposit and OSHC as specified in their Letter of Offer.
- Keep track of the dates and deadlines for completing the tasks listed above.
- Only covers up to 25% of the first-year tuition fee, up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credit points.
- Can only be used in full by students who have completed at least 400 credit points in their mainstream course.
- Will only be 25% of the first-semester tuition fee for students who complete at least 300 credit points in their mainstream course.
- Only tuition fees are covered; no other international student expenses are covered.
- Will be credited to the recipient’s fee account by the study period’s census date.
- The scholarship value cannot be accessed or refunded in cash.
- If the recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship, Curtin reserves the right to revoke the award.
- Cancelled if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the specified deadline.
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university, if a recipient defers their studies beyond a June 2024 start date.
- Unless otherwise specified by Curtin, will NOT be extended beyond the specified duration or amount.
For more details visit the school scholarship portal or
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
E: [email protected]
International Future Student Services is located on the Bentley Campus (Building 102).
Business hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
See also other Curtin scholarships here.