The Australian Government created the Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship as one of the Destination Australia Scholarships in Australia to encourage students to study in regional Australia while receiving a high-quality learning experience. Mining and metallurgy students completing their full degree at the Curtin Kalgoorlie campus are eligible for the scholarship.
Students at Curtin Kalgoorlie have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and build industry networks while studying. The Kalgoorlie campus also has modern housing, a gym, outdoor recreation areas, and a thriving student social club.
Applications are accepted until all scholarships have been awarded.
Table of Contents
Level/Field of Study
The Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship is for postgraduate students who intend to study at Curtin University in Science and Engineering field
The Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship is hosted by Curtin University, however, it is sponsored by the Australian Government.
Eligibility for Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship
- International students who pay full tuition and are not sponsored
- International students who have a valid student visa
- Academic merit evidence for the highest completed qualification
- You must continue to attend classes at the Kalgoorlie campus. For courses lasting less than two years, 75% of your course must be completed at our Kalgoorlie Campus.
- Students who are sponsored by a government or a corporate body are not eligible.
- If the recipient already has a scholarship, sponsorship, or fee offset for their mainstream course, it may be revoked at Curtin’s discretion.
- Full-time enrollment
NOTE: Students who completed their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees at the Bentley campus and will begin a new course (in one of the eligible courses listed above) at the Kalgoorlie campus in 2022 are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Enrollment Requirements for Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship
Recipients must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Continue with your initial course of study at Curtin Kalgoorlie.
- Maintain a full-time study load of 100 credit points per period of study.
- In each study period, maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 50. During each study period, scholarship recipients will be academically monitored.
- Each study period, pass all units attempted.
Changes to Enrolment
Personal information: Personal information will be managed in accordance with the Destination Australia 2020 Grant Opportunity Guidelines and the Privacy Statement of Curtin University.
Withdrawal or termination from units or course: If a recipient withdraws from their units or course of study, or is terminated from their studies, they will be ineligible for the continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments, and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period, if applicable.
Scholarship Cancellation: Regardless of any provision above, Curtin reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel the award of, or continuation of, the scholarship if the sponsor ceases to fund the scholarship.
Deadline for Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship
There is no deadline for the Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship. Candidates are considered as soon as they gain admission.
How to Apply for Curtin University Destination Australia Scholarship
Step 1: Fill out an application for the program of study
Submit an application for a course that is eligible.
Step 2: Apply for a Destination Scholarship
With your application, include a one-page Statement of Purpose demonstrating “How the Destination Australian Scholarship will assist you in reaching your career goals and how it will help you make tomorrow better.”
Step 3: Evaluation
An assessment panel will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic merit
Step 4: Outcome
The Curtin International Team will notify successful applicants of the outcome of their application prior to the start of the upcoming intake.
All qualified applicants will be notified.
Step 5: Acceptance
Successful applicants must accept and sign the terms and conditions before submitting their applications to Curtin International at [email protected].
Please keep in mind:
- If there are enough qualified applicants, a scholarship will be awarded.
- The scholarship will begin with the semester of study for which it was awarded.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to a different major, campus, course, or university.
- The scholarship award and continuation are contingent on Curtin receiving scholarship funding from the scholarship sponsor.
This Curtin Destination Australia Scholarship is worth AUD$15,000 per year of your postgraduate studies.
The scholarship will consist of an AUD$15,000 cash stipend per year.
T: +61 8 9266 5888
How can I apply for the Curtin Destination Australia scholarship?
You must be a full-time student to be eligible for this Scholarship. enrolled as a student on campus a permanent Australian resident, an Australian citizen, and a New Zealand citizen enrolled in one of the courses listed below at Charles Sturt University’s designated campus
Is there funding available for international students in Australia?
The Australian government has a substantial scholarship program for international students and invests approximately $200 million per year in programs at universities and other tertiary institutions throughout the country.
Join us on social media, we are ever-present there to keep you up to date. All you need to do is follow. We’ll be glad to meet you there. Don't forget to subscribe!