This guide has been created to assist students who want to enrol at Baylor College of Medicine but do not think they would be successful. Unfortunately, the Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is low and selective.
However, the good news is that Baylor College of Medicine graduates students from all backgrounds each year. How did they get in?
No need to panic; we’ll show you how to get into Baylor College of Medicine despite the admissions challenge and the Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate, which is low.
You’ll discover through this article that getting into Baylor College of Medicine is not that difficult.
You can get practical advice on how to make your application stand out from the competition!
Let us guide you through this brief read if that’s what you want.
See also: UVA Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
What to know about Baylor College of Medicine?
Baylor College of Medicine was established in 1900 as the University of Dallas Medical Department and changed its name three years later to reflect its affiliation with Baylor Hospital. It consistently ranks among the nation’s top medical schools.
The second-highest amount of yearly research money from the National Institutes of Health goes to Baylor College of Medicine, which is situated in Houston’s Texas Medical Center, the biggest medical complex in the world.
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, Texas Children’s Hospital, and the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center is just a handful of the 20 hospitals and medical facilities with which Baylor College of Medicine maintains affiliations.
The National School of Tropical Medicine, the only institution in the country solely devoted to neglected tropical illnesses, is housed within the university.
The average student loan debt for Baylor graduates is $108,136, which is $95,000 less than the average for U.S. medical school graduates from private schools and $72,000 less than medical school graduates from public schools, taking into account medical schools that are not tuition-free.
Baylor has the lowest tuition rates among all private medical schools in the nation ($29,900), resulting in a student loan debt average of $108,136.
With a remarkable set of numbers, Baylor continues demonstrating its dedication to accuracy and greatness.
What Is Baylor College of Medicine’s Acceptance Rate in 2023?
The Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is very selective.
The Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is 4.3% at the moment. Therefore, only 4 students are admitted for every 100 applicants.
The school received 7506 applications the previous year, but only 480 received invitations for interviews, and only 90 students were not admitted.
That’s so sad to hear!
See also: Virginia Tech Engineering Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
Is It Difficult to Get Into Baylor College of Medicine?
The current Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is 4.3%. The in-state acceptance rate has recently been around 13%, while the out-of-state acceptance rate has recently been around 1%.
For the class of 2025 at Baylor College of Medicine, some current admissions data are as follows:
- 188 applicants (86%) were from Texas.
- Average GPA: 3.92
- MCAT average score: 518
However, the Baylor College of Medicine does not have a minimum GPA or MCAT requirement for applicants. Please be aware that if the MCAT were taken between September 2019 and September 2022, results would be acceptable for the 2022–2023 application cycle.
The average GPA and MCAT score can be used to decide if Baylor is a desirable target school for your application.
Read also: University of Kentucky Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
Admission Requirements for Baylor College of Medicine
In order to ensure that medical students are fully prepared for the demanding pre-clinical and clinical curricula at the prestigious institution, Baylor has specific criteria similar to other highly selective medical schools.
The coursework that is necessary consists of the following:
- 3–4 semester hours of math (biostatistics is preferred)
- Writing an expository essay: 3–4 semester hours (examples include English, history, public policy, political science, or any course that requires intensive writing)
- 12 semester hours in behavioural sciences and the humanities (examples include psychology, sociology, foreign language, etc.)
- 6-8 semester hours of organic chemistry (organic chemistry lab is not required)
- 3–4 semester hours of biochemistry (biochemistry lab is not required)
- 3–4 semester hours of biology (biology lab is not required; however, courses in genetics, cell biology, and molecular biology are highly recommended)
Given the significant Spanish-speaking patient population at Texas Medical Center, Baylor Medical School advises applicants to have taken Spanish in addition to the aforementioned courses.
The admissions page for Baylor explicitly indicates that they accept all applicants from all educational levels and do not require science majors. The Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is very competitive.
In addition to academic qualifications, Baylor seeks candidates with the characteristics indicated on its website:
- Diversity will benefit both Baylor University and its student body.
- cognitive ability
- shown aptitude towards medical
- Exposure to a variety of possibilities and experiences
- Dedication to helping others.
See also: Harcum College Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
How to Apply to Baylor College of Medicine in 2023
When applying to Baylor College of Medicine, many different factors are considered, although the Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is very competitive.
Here are some selection criteria that will help you stand out in the selection process if you genuinely want to enrol at Baylor College of Medicine:
1. MCAT score
It’s challenging to get accepted to Baylor College of Medicine. The MCAT score is one of the elements that cannot be avoided. A 519 on the Baylor College of Medicine MCAT is needed.
Even the exceptional students find it extremely challenging to get an MCAT score of 519.
One factor contributing to Baylor College of Medicine’s extremely low admittance rate for medical school is the MCAT score.
For MCAT scores, Baylor College of Medicine employs the Superscoring method. In order to increase your cumulative score, they take into account all of your MCAT scores from previous attempts.
GPA rating At Baylor College of Medicine, the average acceptable GPA is 3.89. Unlike several other institutions, Baylor College of Medicine does not accept applicants with a GPA below this.
In actuality, removing students with lower GPAs is simple.
Your application essay is another selection criterion that helps Baylor College of Medicine accept you. The secondary essays and personal statements are highly valued by Baylor College of Medicine.
You get the chance to tell your story and the reasons behind your desire to become a doctor in your personal statement.
Hints for crafting an excellent medical school application essay at Baylor College of Medicine;
- Your personal statement must be well-written and coherent.
- Additionally, it should explain how and why you chose Baylor College of Medicine as your school of choice.
- Your essay should also include personal examples that illustrate the measures you took to research the medical sector and how they influenced your decision to apply.
- Make sure to include both specific information about the speciality you want to study and broad ideas about the course you want to take.
Letters of Recommendation
Your reference letters are another aspect that the Baylor College of Medicine admissions committee considers when deciding whether to accept your application.
Here is how to obtain a letter of recommendation from Baylor College of Medicine:
- Baylor College of Medicine will accept three recommendation letters: Committee Letter, Letter Packet, and Individual Letter.
- A minimum of three and a maximum of six individual letters of recommendation are required by Baylor College of Medicine.
- Every letter of recommendation needs to be written on business letterhead and signed by the committee or author.
- Remember that committee letters are optional and cannot replace specific recommendations.
- Additionally, the online application system must receive all recommendation letters.
- You will also enter your writers’ names and contact details, including their email addresses.
Check also: Florida Southern College Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
Before graduating, you had to have participated in various extracurricular medical activities.
Extracurricular activities are taken into account since they demonstrate your interest in the social and practical facets of the medical field.
The best ways to mention your extracurricular activities to Baylor College of Medicine;
- Always prioritize quality above quantity.
- Pay attention to the appropriate extracurricular activities.
- Include any extracurriculars where you held positions of leadership.
- Remember to mention any activities where you created your project or program.
- Your extracurricular activities must also demonstrate initiative and a commitment to the advancement of humanity.
See also: Drew University Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
You will be invited to an interview, which also determines whether you get through the Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate if all of the aforementioned selection requirements are properly satisfied.
What you should know about Baylor College of Medicine interviews is as follows;
- Baylor College of Medicine conducts a number of brief interviews.
- The interviews are conducted on a simulation floor that has been created to make it easy for students to move from room to room.
- Examine examples of MMI questions to help you get ready for the various MMI question types you might encounter.
We hope you heed our advice regarding the GPA, MCAT score, and admission requirements to enrol at Baylor College of Medicine.
Regardless of the acceptance percentage for domestic and foreign students in 2022, you will undoubtedly be among those who enroll in Baylor College of Medicine.
See also: UCLA Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
Frequently Asked Questions
The optimal GPA for Baylor College of Medicine entrance requirements is 3.98 or higher. The Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is very competitive.
Yes, it is definitely possible to enroll at Baylor College of Medicine with a 3.8 GPA or even lower. Your chances, however, will depend on both your other qualifications and the other applicants’ qualifications. But a better GPA is what we advise to prevent rejection letters.
For Baylor College of Medicine, a 519 MCAT score is required.
Both in-state and out-of-state students will pay $61,328 in tuition and fees. Additionally, the total annual cost of enrollment is $99,895.
The Baylor College of Medicine’s MD program accepts applicants from a wide range of academic fields.
Transfer students are not accepted at Baylor College of Medicine. This is because the Baylor College of Medicine acceptance rate is very competitive.
- FAU Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Vermont Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Tennessee Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Richmond Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Denver Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of San Francisco Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission